What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Extending the floating contact features?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Extending the floating contact features?
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Extending the floating contact features?
quote:
Originally posted by brianpeiris
- ability to use specific colors (i.e. RGB) for fonts, border and background. The basic windows color chooser is fine.
I talked to Patchou when I recieved the first beta with Chrono on this to test the feature early and I suggested that and he said he didn't want to boggle down all the menus and have multiple colours. But you never know what is going to happen in the next ver.
quote:
- Different fonts and styles (i.e. Bold, Italic)
Personally I don't like this at all, the contacts aren't ment to have font styles. Its an extra window saying whos online. I dont think it is needed. But like i said earlier you never know.
quote:
- ability to specify width and height in pixels
I honestly dont see an need to do this, isn't resizing it with the mouse the most common way to resize windows? I mean you don't use numbers to resize a window you use a mouse so why should this be any different?
quote:
- Desktop floaters for number of unread emails and perhaps my own current status.
This was added to the todo list in a sence where you can make yourself float as a desktop contact and will be able to set status from there and such.
10-15-2004 07:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
brianpeiris

O.P. RE: Extending the floating contact features?
alright, maybe the width, height and position is a little to much, I just wanted a way to place and size my floaters exactly as i want them, instead of fidgeting with my inaccurate mouse, but thats not that big of a deal.
Colors and fonts, on the other hand, are important, I need my desktop to look good, and i'm sure many people here understand that.
its great that these things may come out in the next version, I can't wait to see.
Thanks for your help
10-15-2004 02:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Extending the floating contact features?
quote:
alright, maybe the width, height and position is a little to much, I just wanted a way to place and size my floaters exactly as i want them, instead of fidgeting with my inaccurate mouse, but thats not that big of a deal.
Just like I said before:

You can do that by editing the registry settings. The coordinates are store in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<MSN_SIGNIN_EMAIL>\Contacts\CtcDetach\<CONTACT_EMAIL>\WndRect

;)

This post was edited on 10-16-2004 at 12:19 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-16-2004 12:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: