What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
[suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset
Author: Message:
DeltaBlast

Wheeee!

37 / Male / –
O.P. [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset
Everytime I restart MSN Messenger, the thing resets the sounds back to the annoying original... Is there any way that can be disabled through plus? I would be soooo gratefull ^_^
how are you sure it'd be a nice feature if you don't know what I'm referring to?

Anyway, I'm reffering to the fact that if you start msn, it automatically resets it's sounds (the sounds you hear when someone talks to you, or when you get a new email).

It's goddamn annoying to go to the config screen and load a previously saved scheme each time you restart your computer.

And now that I talk about it, I also have the problem that msn changes my display picture each time I log in.. anyone got a fix for that?
ÐeltaBlast
Firemarble.com

He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
~
M.C. Escher
10-13-2004 08:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset
right well now that i do understand what your talking about i still agree it would be a nice feature i havent used custom sounds before so i personally havent encountered it but yes i can see where your coming from.
10-13-2004 05:16 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBlast
And now that I talk about it, I also have the problem that msn changes my display picture each time I log in.. anyone got a fix for that?
That shouldnt happen. Does it reset your custom emoticons aswell?
Because i think there is a problem with storing the preferences on you computer.
10-13-2004 05:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kittyfantastico

yer i rule its ok to admit it

35 / Male / –
my dp keeps changing as well but my emoticons dont change
10-13-2004 05:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Leif

81 / Male / –
RE: RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset
quote:

Tools | Options | Secrecy -- bottommost option: untick (rough translation from Swedish)
Does that help at all?
10-13-2004 07:03 PM
BlackStar

I'm one of the Good Guys!

75 / Male / –
I have the same problem with the customized sounds being reset every time I startup Messenger.
I solved it by renaming my customsounds to the same name as the original ones and put them in place of MSN Messenger's original sounds.
Quick n' Dirty.
But first I made a BACKUP of the original sounds.
10-13-2004 07:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Now for the display pictures, is it a display picture you previously used? If so it might be MSN Messenger not actually saving the information on exit. You can try the following.

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open a task manager (If using Windows XP, click on Processes) find MsgPlus.exe and end the process.

What you will want to do next is sign on to MSN Messenger (if you aren't already) and set your DP. Then sign off and exit MSN Messenger from the system tray. Reload MSN and check to see if your DP is different.

For the sound exit MSN Messenger, goto the Control Panel (Start (> Settings) > Control Panel > Sounds (or Sounds and Audio Devices)

Click the Sounds tab, and change the sounds for MSN save it as a scheme and hit apply. Reload MSN and see if the sounds have changed. If they are the default ones you can replace the default sounds in C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger with the ones you want them to be or try changing them form within MSN Messenger.

The other option is try changing it in the registry. If the others don't work I will give you the steps for that.
10-13-2004 09:04 PM
kittyfantastico

yer i rule its ok to admit it

35 / Male / –
wow gd tip thanx for the help:)
10-13-2004 09:11 PM
DeltaBlast

Wheeee!

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset
quote:
Originally posted by Leif
quote:

Tools | Options | Secrecy -- bottommost option: untick (rough translation from Swedish)
Does that help at all?

Wow that actually work... even though it has nothing to do with my adressbook, it worked ^_^

quote:
Now for the display pictures, is it a display picture you previously used? If so it might be MSN Messenger not actually saving the information on exit. You can try the following.

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open a task manager (If using Windows XP, click on Processes) find MsgPlus.exe and end the process.

What you will want to do next is sign on to MSN Messenger (if you aren't already) and set your DP. Then sign off and exit MSN Messenger from the system tray. Reload MSN and check to see if your DP is different.

That didn't work though. But leif's did, so that's all good. I guess that adressbook=contactlist

quote:
Click the Sounds tab, and change the sounds for MSN save it as a scheme and hit apply. Reload MSN and see if the sounds have changed. If they are the default ones you can replace the default sounds in C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger with the ones you want them to be or try changing them form within MSN Messenger.
I guess replacing the sound files worked... never thought of it. Still an odd way to do it :p

Could be a good feature for plus anyway; custom sounds for everything, not only contacts :p

Tnx for the tips, all. ^_^

This post was edited on 10-13-2004 at 11:01 PM by DeltaBlast.
ÐeltaBlast
Firemarble.com

He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
~
M.C. Escher
10-13-2004 10:52 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
yeah custom sounds for everything would be a good feature for plus.
10-14-2004 07:31 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: