What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Connecting to an IRC server from within plugin

Connecting to an IRC server from within plugin
Author: Message:
Ash_

35 / Male / –
O.P. Connecting to an IRC server from within plugin
ive been thinking about making an IRC plugin for plus.

ive come across a few problems tho
1.) waiting for the winsock to connect freezes the IMWindow. i checked the forums for creating threads from within a plugin ( in visual basic) and found it wasnt possible but linking between an active x exe and sending back and forth commands might work

2.) another problem is where would i store the message from IRC. i was thinkin in the conversation the connection was initiated in but it would get confusing having two conversations in one window. then i thought of opening a whole new IM Window to have IRC in. ive been looking around but the only way i can get a new window open is through the windows messenger api. and i dont even know where to begin storing message into it because it says something about he/she not being on my contact list. but i know addons such as messengerdiscovery put messages in just your side of the IM window. i could use a feature such as this to post the messages in the window but typing aswell. and the nicklist would be another hard thing.

i just want a few pointers in the right direction and can you please let me know if this project is even possible?

thanks in advance Ash

This post was edited on 10-15-2004 at 02:17 PM by Ash_.
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
10-15-2004 02:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Connecting to an IRC server from within plugin
1: Yes it is possible to create threads in VB.
2: Make your own window!
[Image: spartaafk.png]
10-15-2004 07:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: