What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Small /dropfle /sendfile bug

Small /dropfle /sendfile bug
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Small /dropfle /sendfile bug
This isn't really a bug but I am being overly picky.

In a conversation window you cannot use Windows shortcuts. Examples below

/sendfile %systemroot%\system32\shell32.dll
/dropfile %Program Files%\Messenger Plus! 3\Setup.exe (I know the path doesn't exist but it is just an example.)

In the next version could these be added by anychance? It would be nice :P

This post was edited on 10-13-2004 at 12:42 AM by matty.
10-13-2004 12:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Small /dropfle /sendfile bug
errrr... arrrrr.... why oh why do you insist on taking the very little free time I have everyday :p
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-13-2004 04:44 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
i personally cant understand why anyone would want that feature if you want to run a command hold down the windows key and press r this opens the run box then u key in your command it couldnt be simpler stop wasting patchous time with things that dont really matter just cause your lazy.
10-13-2004 06:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Small /dropfle /sendfile bug
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i personally cant understand why anyone would want that feature if you want to run a command hold down the windows key and press r this opens the run box then u key in your command it couldnt be simpler stop wasting patchous time with things that dont really matter just cause your lazy.
Please dont post things that are not relative.

I am not trying to execute anything. I know how to use the Run dialog (probably better then thee). Simply %systemroot and %programfiles% are quick commands used by Windows that are translated into directories. When using the the commands /sendfile (sends file to contact) or /dropfile (does the same thing but is a commandline version) you cant use Windows Commands to specify folders.

You see this post of yours is :spam:. Your not contributing anything useful to the thread. Using the Run Command to execute an app is one thing. Using Windows Commands inside of Plus! commands is a totally different thing.

You see I am not wasting Patch's time because to convert that into a path would be simple.

Also I never said I was being lazy, I said "overly picky" big difference. Being lazy means I want to type a file name, example explorer.exe and Plus! searches for that file and sends it. Being picky is saying hey Windows Commands don't work.

I think I am done trying to explain myself and this post to you.

Matty
10-13-2004 04:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
sorry i just contribured based on my understanding of what you were saying i dont claim to be perfect nor i do i claim to be a mind reader we all make mistakes dude just chill out.
10-13-2004 05:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: