What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Show typing message of the other person

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Show typing message of the other person
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Show typing message of the other person
quote:
Originally posted by Firehalk
No, u dont understand, I dont wanna know what someone is typing to another person. What I wanna know is what someone is typing to me (but dont send it to me yet, understand?).
That is exactly what Mnjul, Tochjo, Sunshine and others are talking about...

quote:
ICQ in the chat mode have this function, so I think its not invade of privacy.
Yes it IS! It is not because another program has this feature that it isn't an invasion of privacy. Since MSN Messenger does NOT have this feature it WILL be an invasion of privacy if you create something like that because the user wouldn't know that his typing is being monitored!
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-18-2004 07:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tda87

DOMINICAN PROUD!!!

36 / Male / –
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ICQ in the chat mode have this function, so I think its not invade of privacy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes it IS! It is not because another program has this feature that it isn't an invasion of privacy. Since MSN Messenger does NOT have this feature it WILL be an invasion of privacy if you create something like that because the user wouldn't know that his typing is being monitored
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It won't be invasion sincewhat you type in the chatr box is intended to be send, if you regret what you want to send that is personal issues in the decision but you also wanted to say something else, in that way, when you aren't decided to tell the trhut about somenthing and then suddenly you changed you mind to tell something with the hidden thruth you will know
KKM? TDA!!! DOMINICAN PROUD!!
10-19-2004 01:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spiritual_Cat

– / Female / –
RE: RE: Show typing message of the other person
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis

ICQ may have this feature, but that doesn't make it not an impolite function. I have said things to a contact in that box and then decided against it...Personally I only want people to see what I have said to them directly...

Yep totally agree with you there! (Y)
10-19-2004 02:09 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Show typing message of the other person
quote:
Originally posted by tda87
It won't be invasion sincewhat you type in the chatr box is intended to be send
And there, on the first line, you are already wrong... MSN Messenger doesn't work that way. What you type is NOT nessecairly meant to be send...

aka: invasion of privacy

no matter how hard you try to say it isn't...

period.
10-19-2004 04:05 PM
tda87

DOMINICAN PROUD!!!

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: Show typing message of the other person
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
It won't be invasion sincewhat you type in the chatr box is intended to be send
And there, on the first line, you are already wrong... MSN Messenger doesn't work that way. What you type is NOT nessecairly meant to be send...

aka: invasion of privacy

no matter how hard you try to say it isn't...

period.

ok, look at this, i am conected in your contac list, you open the chat box, and write down in the chat box something the you rethink about it and changed it, the intention, the only motion to make you write in the chat box, is that you want to tell me, if you deleted and then didn't send it to me, cuz you then want to tell me forget it, or you think it would start a discussion and then you deleted it, BUT, your intention was to tell me something, the only reason to write something in the chat box is to CHAT, is the CHAT BOX, so it would be legal because you are only getting the information faster that is being writed in the CHAT BOX, so IT'S LEGAL

period.
KKM? TDA!!! DOMINICAN PROUD!!
10-19-2004 06:10 PM
benjyrama

who?

33 / Male / Flag
it would also take up a load of memory wont it.... cos it will have to be constantly sending what they are writing even if they dont write anything making msn much slower??
[Image: userbardz2.gif]
10-19-2004 07:20 PM
Firehalk

(Nicholas)

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Show typing message of the other person
quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
it would also take up a load of memory wont it.... cos it will have to be constantly sending what they are writing even if they dont write anything making msn much slower??

I think it wont. Well, on ICQ it does not make slower
10-19-2004 07:26 PM
benjyrama

who?

33 / Male / Flag
yeh but its integrated into ICQ but this will be added on top and might not go down too well with the actual program work rate thingy...
[Image: userbardz2.gif]
10-19-2004 08:03 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
ok, look at this, i am conected in your contac list, you open the chat box, and write down in the chat box something the you rethink about it and changed it, the intention, the only motion to make you write in the chat box, is that you want to tell me, if you deleted and then didn't send it to me, cuz you then want to tell me forget it, or you think it would start a discussion and then you deleted it, BUT, your intention was to tell me something, the only reason to write something in the chat box is to CHAT, is the CHAT BOX, so it would be legal because you are only getting the information faster that is being writed in the CHAT BOX, so IT'S LEGAL
nope

1) What you are saying is naif theory and communication between humans doesn't work that way. Ever heared of "think before you say something"? Well this is the same equivalent in MSN Messenger. You don't have to think, you can just type, if you don't agree with what you're typing you can simply erase it again...

2) It WILL be a huge privacy breach because this is NOT a default build-in feature of MSN Messenger!!!!!! I can't stress that enough!! MSN Messenger is not meant to show you the typing of a person, so that person expects that you can not see it!!!

This is very different in ICQ, where people KNOW that the other contact can see what they type.

Furthermore MSN Messenger protocol is entirely different then the ICQ protocol and can't be compared...

This post was edited on 10-19-2004 at 10:02 PM by CookieRevised.
10-19-2004 09:58 PM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
Fully agree with CookieRevised, WDZ, and the others... it's:
a) Technically IMPOSSIBLE to do as a plugin (i.e., not much sense in discussing it)

b) A huge privacy hole, no matter how certain you are that the universe was meant so that those messages arrived to you in the end... There's a send button for a reason, period.

c) the Chat in ICQ is completely different from its normal IM windows, users know their typing is being monitored and in fact that's the whole fun of that mode.
10-19-2004 10:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: