What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » IDEA | Others Messenger plus! contacts

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
IDEA | Others Messenger plus! contacts
Author: Message:
abatonime

36 / Male / –
O.P. IDEA | Others Messenger plus! contacts
hi
I think the msg plus! picture before a contact in contacts list must be show only if the contact have installed msg plus!. However if the mouse stay on a contact who have not installed msg plus!, an other picture is showed. And if msg plus! don't know if the contact have installed msg plus another one picture is showed.

what do you think of that exept the mistakes ?
10-16-2004 01:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: IDEA | Others Messenger plus! contacts
No point, the button has nothing to do with them having Plus or not...Just lets you access features of Plus that apply to that contact...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
10-16-2004 04:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
Also, in order to be able to do your idea (which has been suggested in a slightly different way, like changing the green buddy icon to something with a Plus! logo), you need to know who has Plus! installed.

In your way, Plus! should send data to get this information in a hidden way - people will not know they have been checked to see if they have Plus!. This can be considered a breach of privacy and will therefore not be added.
10-16-2004 04:41 PM
abatonime

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: IDEA | Others Messenger plus! contacts
we can know if the contact have installed msg plus using  /ping
and when you click right on a contact and then   msg plus! Extras\contact information   there is write "Contact has msg plus installed (last chek xx/xx/xx)"
10-16-2004 07:46 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
Yes, but when you do that, the contact gets notified you are checking him. If your suggestion gets implemented, this won't be the case.
10-16-2004 07:47 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Not to mention it is possible to disable responses to /pings...
10-17-2004 02:22 AM
michael_m91

32 / Male / –
There are to many things that can go wrong with this, the fact that (like mentioned here already) you would half to do a ping with each person, and it would take alot longer for plus to go through each member and decide if it sould show an icon.

[Image: Email.JPG]
10-17-2004 05:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
and the contact window will sort of be messed up too... and some people might not want others to know that they have msg plus eg i don't want people to know that i use openConvo or they have fun bombing me with popups
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
10-17-2004 01:24 PM
NeoMatter

Now I didn't quite pay attention to most of the replys, but this is what I understand. Abatonime "thinks" their should be away to be able to find out if a person has Plus! without having to use "Ping" Command, like a different Person Icon in the contacts list or something.

I understand that some people do not want other people to be to know that they have Plus! as well because of bombing and ect. I don't really know if this would be a pain in the butt, but why not have Plus! change the Person Icon in the contact list if that person(s) has Plus! and for protection if some one doesn't want others to know that they have Plus!, make an option to have Plus! Hidden from others and maybe other options to protect from other Plus! users from Bombing and ect.

*Waits to be yelled at...*

This post was edited on 10-18-2004 at 02:20 AM by NeoMatter.
10-18-2004 02:13 AM
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
from what i understand, you just want a different icon for ppl with plus. im not sure if this is possible, but maybe a different icon can be used for people who has plus detected by using the ping command, so there will be no privacy questions or anything by some hidden ping
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
10-18-2004 03:42 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: