What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Kee Pass :O

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Kee Pass :O
Author: Message:
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
RE: Kee Pass :O
quote:
Originally posted by Sean
I agree with lobster too....I usually just write them down on a piece of paper or something...I wouldn't ever use that....:p

not smart, pieces of paper are extremely easy to lose (or stolen or peeked at or whatever)

having one master key is actually better than using one key for all passwords.  If you use one key for all passwords, ppl can access all the accounts as mentioned above.  It is clearly best to use different passwords for each account. However, it is hard to remember all those passwords (if you have a lot of accounts).  Therefore, a master key that can access all the other password is a good idea. If you lose the master key, you still need the password file to access the other passwords. If you lose anyother key to someone, you only lose one account.

However, I do think that this "kee pass" program is stupid. Why would you need this program if you can just use "excel" or other similar programs?  All you have to do is to enter your passwords in an excel document and password encrypt it.  Although excel's encryption may not be strong, people still need to have access to the file to crack your "password storing document".  All you have to do to prevent people from accessing it is to rename it to something less obvious which people would ignore (NOT "password here dont open.xls").
Cow juice...
10-18-2004 02:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
I use a password manager because I never use the same password for multiple accounts. I have like 30 different passwords, and many I don't type very much, so there's no way I could memorize them. I only memorize the passwords that I use on a regular basis.

quote:
Originally posted by The Don
i rember but im not stupid enough to tell my p.w
I think even the smartest person could accidentally reveal a password... :p
10-18-2004 02:26 AM
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I think even the smartest person could accidentally reveal a password... :p

that's called social engineering, i heard that it's very effective
Cow juice...
10-18-2004 02:54 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid
that's called social engineering, i heard that it's very effective
Well, that's not what I had in mind... I don't think it would be too effective on smart/careful/experienced computer users. :-/

I was thinking you could accidentally reveal a password by trying to log in quickly and typing it in the wrong field/window or something like that. :p
10-18-2004 03:01 AM
banky

Fwee

34 / Male / –
ive done that on my comp
i dont log onto school comps :P very dogdy

the school logs the keys(at least thats a rumor)
10-18-2004 03:11 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I was thinking you could accidentally reveal a password by trying to log in quickly and typing it in the wrong field/window or something like that. :p

that reminds me of a trick i played on someone

i was sitting beside that person and that person doesn't want me to look at the keyboard to see him type the password. so he looked at me to make sure im not watching as he type in his password.  just before he enters the password, i hit the tab button to switch to a non-cencored txt box.  Of course that person didn't notice and because he was too busy watching me. hehe :D
Cow juice...
10-18-2004 03:13 AM
banky

Fwee

34 / Male / –
lmfao i just tested that keepass thing and thought of something say you forgot ur pass to ur email account and went to open ur keepass and for got that one lmfao
10-18-2004 03:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: