What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Looking For An Email Provider

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Looking For An Email Provider
Author: Message:
matthewpilon

40 / Male / –
O.P. Looking For An Email Provider
Since Microsoft has decided to stop allowing it's free customers to access Hotmail via an email client (effective soon) I'm on the lookout for an email provider that will let me either POP or IMAP my account.

Does anyone know of any free providers that stand out from the rest?  Ive googled it but the ones I found seem shady or are full of popups and spyware.

Help!
10-17-2004 08:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Banks

36 / Male / –
RE: Looking For An Email Provider
your isp will probably give you one for free.
10-17-2004 08:55 PM
matthewpilon

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Looking For An Email Provider
quote:
Originally posted by Banks
your isp will probably give you one for free.

Yes they will, and they have - but I dont like to use it because ISPs are one of those things that come and go, Im looking for an email address that I can keep for a very long time - maybe forever if the company doesnt go under or anything, LOL
10-17-2004 09:00 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by matthewpilon
Since Microsoft has decided to stop allowing it's free customers to access Hotmail via an email client (effective soon) I'm on the lookout for an email provider that will let me either POP or IMAP my account.

Does anyone know of any free providers that stand out from the rest?  Ive googled it but the ones I found seem shady or are full of popups and spyware.

Help!
If someone is nice enough they could give you a GMail account, I know its not POP3 but you can get a program called POP Goes the GMail to check it.

Sadly I have a rule that I wont give a user here an Invite unless they have contributed to the community so what.
10-17-2004 09:00 PM
matthewpilon

40 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:

Help!
If someone is nice enough they could give you a GMail account, I know its not POP3 but you can get a program called POP Goes the GMail to check it.

Sadly I have a rule that I wont give a user here an Invite unless they have contributed to the community so what.

I have 2 Gmail accounts, and 1 invite code left.  I was having a problem with the Gmail pop program because it wasnt deleting the emails from Gmail afterwards, thats very important to me.  I was having the same problem with YahooPOPS!
10-17-2004 09:02 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
I have 2 Gmail accounts, and 1 invite code left.  I was having a problem with the Gmail pop program because it wasnt deleting the emails from Gmail afterwards, thats very important to me.  I was having the same problem with YahooPOPS!
There are not that many decent free email providers that support POP3.

Take a look at this thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=29406 for an @msgplus.net account.

This post was edited on 10-17-2004 at 09:06 PM by matty.
10-17-2004 09:05 PM
matthewpilon

40 / Male / –
quote:
quote:
There are not that many decent free email providers that support POP3.

Take a look at this thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=29406 for an @msgplus.net account.

Over the past few weeks Ive applied for a @msgplus.net account twice, and have not been able to login / heard from them since.  It said the process takes up to 48 hours, its been well over that now, LOL
10-17-2004 09:10 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by The Don
wtf matty whats kitty.staghosting.come
I am at work and that online proxy is the only thing I can use to access the forum.

quote:
Over the past few weeks Ive applied for a @msgplus.net account twice, and have not been able to login / heard from them since.  It said the process takes up to 48 hours, its been well over that now, LOL
Same with me. Have you tried other GMail programs? There are other ones other then POP Goes the GMail.
10-17-2004 09:13 PM
matthewpilon

40 / Male / –
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Don
wtf matty whats kitty.staghosting.come
I am at work and that online proxy is the only thing I can use to access the forum.

quote:
Same with me. Have you tried other GMail programs? There are other ones other then POP Goes the GMail.

I've tried that, and gPopper (same thing actually, just the latest release) I cant find any others that will POP and then delete.  Do you know of any?
10-17-2004 09:24 PM
banky

Fwee

34 / Male / –
quote:

Help!

can u give me the source in wich u found this info
10-17-2004 09:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: