What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Verify email in msn messenger

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Verify email in msn messenger
Author: Message:
Paul

RE: Verify email in msn messenger
I had the same problem and I found what worked. On the left side of the messenger window is an icon of a bell. This icon is used for setting up alerts. When you click on it, you are taken to the alerts web site where you can sign up for an alert. Pick an alert to subscribe to (it's free). Follow the prompts and you will eventually be asked where you would like the alerts to be sent. If you select email and the email is not verified, it will send the email verification to you. If you want, you can then unsubscribe from the alert.
07-07-2007 03:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mysteryink

My whole office had this problem, because the system admin that was here before did not allow outside email. Here is how to have Microsoft resend the Verification email. I searched for hours, and finally stumpled across this.

https://account.live.com/verifysi.aspx?mkt=en-us&rp=profiles

-MysteryInk;)
11-19-2007 05:23 PM
lykos1865

33 / Male / Flag
hi i have registered a fake address at live.com i use aurora.project@nasa.gov as my msn mail.  of course this adress does not exist so i can not verify it. so my question is: can i, somehow, trace the email which has been sent to my address? so i can read it and follow the link inside it. plz help. thx in advance (p.s. Messenger Plus! rules!)
We believed we'd catch the Rainbow... But life's not a wheel, with chains made of steel... So bless me! Come the dawn...
--
I've been mistreated.. I've been abused... I've been struck downhearted... Since my baby left me, I've been losing my mind...
--
When I'd take your hand and sing you songs.. Then maybe you'd say "come lay with me and love me"... And I would surely stay…
02-14-2008 02:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
No. The email will just get bounced back to them when it's found AFAIK
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
02-14-2008 05:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
wosten

Hello .. am in a trouble
i made an email account on msn.com i make it  per example like this : somethine@something.com
but i couldnt get an inbox so what should i do ?
i need an inbox to verify my account
so plz tell me how should i get an inbox
thanks alot
12-15-2009 12:40 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by wosten
Hello .. am in a trouble
i made an email account on msn.com i make it  per example like this : somethine@something.com
but i couldnt get an inbox so what should i do ?
i need an inbox to verify my account
so plz tell me how should i get an inbox
thanks alot
Are you trying to have access to the inbox of an email address that doesn't exist?
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
12-15-2009 01:18 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
If you have no way to receive email on the address you are using you cant confirm your account. If it's not an @msn.* or @live.* address you will need to arrange email accass yourself. How you do that depends on your situation. If you own the domain of the address you could use a service like Google apps or windows live domains to create an emailbox. If you don't own the domain, ask the admin how to access your email. If the admin doesn't give you an mailbox or you don't know who controls the domain you're out of luck.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-15-2009 01:22 AM
kezz

'kezz.,

32 / Male / Flag
Expanding on Menthix's post, if you create a Google Mail account, and use that for the verification of your non-@hotmail/live/msn.com address, that would be one solution to your issues.

It is probably easier if you just use the normal @hotmail/msn/live email adresses. But that's up to you of course.
[Image: 2764.png]
[Image: internet.png]
12-15-2009 06:48 AM
sora

hi, I done all the suggestions listed in this thread, I verified my email addy and they told me it was already verified/didnt need to be verified, however i STILL cannot change my display name in messenger...im just about ready to delete it n go back to the old one.

Any suggestions?

please and thanks!!!
06-27-2010 05:59 PM
Rupanwita

I just registered on MSN.
They told me to verify your email address first and for that you have to check your inbox.
When I tried to go to the inbox, they are telling me to verify first again.
I again sent an verification message and try to go to my inbox, the same thing comes all over again, first verify.
How do I get through it? Please help.
02-11-2011 07:14 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: