What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Biggest codec pack I have found

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Biggest codec pack I have found
Author: Message:
user13774
Disabled Account

RE: Biggest codec pack I have found
Yes Chrono, I've been using Kazaa Lite (officially called K-Lite) Codec Pack for some time now, and i've never had any problems concerning codecs. I've been using the standard version (there's also a Basic en Full version or something like that). Really like it (y) :happy:

Btw.. DON'T use the first link from google (k-litecodecpack.com). It's a FAKE site which requires your email. Don't use that one. It's a free codec pack!

Download:
http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm (Mirror List)
http://www.codec-download.de/modules.php?name=Dow...ewsdownload&sid=39 (Codec-download.de)
10-19-2004 12:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I don't see the real need for the codecs, and haven't had a proper explanation in to what they really are. So they just compress music and whatnot?
10-19-2004 12:10 PM
teddytim

I'm hungry for more!

44 / Male / –
unless you download movies/tv shows off the net, you wont really need to download codec packs and install them on your computer.

"The term codec is also an acronym that stands for 'compression/decompression.' A codec is an algorithm, or specialized computer program, that reduces the number of bytes consumed by large files and programs."

using a codec to encode a video/audio file simply reduces its filesize so it can easily be distributed over the internet. 

with numerous codecs used to encode video/audio files, you need to have the correct codec installed on your pc before the files can be viewed or decompressed.

ie. if you have a 3ivx encoded file, you need to have the 3ivx codec installed on your computer before your media player can decode the file and play it for you.

another example is if you have a .zip file. you cannot use the contents of that zip file until it is unzipped. therefore you will need something on your computer to unzip it.
10-20-2004 10:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
whats the point of downloading a codec pack like that, most media players will automatically download the codec for any videos you want to watch and dont have the codec already.

Ive only had to download the divx codec, and a codec for mkv files.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
10-21-2004 02:19 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: