What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Surprize!! Update now!

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Surprize!! Update now!
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Surprize!! Update now!
Hello!

I'm going on vacation tomorrow for two weeks and I wanted to give you a little gift before I leave... I just released version 2.00.16! No big changes here, just little fixes done in part thanks to your recent posts. My web site is not up yet (don't worry, it's in progress) so I'll publish the update history at the end of this message (it also explains why nobody will receive an auto-update notification this time).

http://pages.infinit.net/patchou8/MP2016.exe (--> update your mirrors everyone!)

I hope Messenger Plus! 2.00 meets your expectations. I know that some of you were waiting for a lot and I'm not sure if they now think it was worth the wait. For things like "I can't log using contact emails as directories anymore", don't worry, next updates will fill the holes. It's been so long I've not done anything but this software... lol, but I like it! never hesitate to send me your comments, either on the forum or in a PM, that's what keeps me motivated. As my server is down I can't know how many of you have installed the software but I'm sure the number is pretty big. Continue to redistribute this add-on to all your friends! it's free so why not? :). That way you'll be able to use nice features such as multi-format tags.

Oh, by the way, for this feature.. as you may already know by now, mixing emoticons and colors/bold/... do not produce really nice looking results; however, Im glad to say I've found a sollution! I wanted it to be part of this update but unfortunately, it's already 1:40am so I guess it will have to wait for me to come back (in two weeks).

Well, that's all folks. I'm counting on the moderators of this forum to do some cleaning concerning the fixes done in this version. Also, keep in mind that if, when I'm back, 400 threads are waiting for me in "MP2 - Bug Reports", I'll probably won't read them so please try to regroup them as much as you can (and eliminate the ones that do not make sense such as: since I installed MP2, my microwave burns my popcorn bags"). I think new moderators should be "hired"... it doesn't cost anything, it just can help so don't hesitate... anyway, first weeks are always "probation time" so you don't risk anything. I wouldn't want WDZ and Johnny_Mac to become the man I am today watching their computer screen 16 hours a day (yes, litteraly :p) and dancing with tampax hang on the ears ;).

Bybye! if anything is critically wrong in this new version, I'll fix it tomorrow, don't worry... Fraisie took care of preparing the trip :).

Patchou.

List of Fixes from 2.00.14 to 2.00.15
  • Personalised Away, Station Lock First-Time and Boss Protection First-Time windows are now displayed at the top of every window everytime when activated.
  • Setup does not refuse to install anymore by giving a false "You must have Messenger 4.6 installed" message.
  • In Windows XP, if Messenger 5 is installed, Messenger 5 is launched at the end of Messenger Plus! setup.
  • Contacts email adresses are encrypted in the registry. Because of that, data recorded in previous versions of Messenger Plus! will be lost (for Contact Manager). Also, old entries are not deleted automatically. It is the responsability of the user, if he wants to protect his privacy and if he installed a previous version of Messenger Plus! 2.00, to clean his registry or uninstall MP2 before installing this new version.
  • Better banner hiding when the Messenger contact window is maximized
  • "Personalised Status" is not shown multiple times in the title bar of Messenger. Also the text will be correctly shown every time it is relevant.
  • Added support for multiple monitors. It should solve Quick Icon panel problems... let me know!
  • Fixed bug in logs... when "Truncate Contact Name" was not selected for logging, name of the contacts were not logged for action messages (/me).
  • Tried a fix for the Share button problem "You can't send a directory".
  • Added a bunch of new events in the Event Viewer.
  • Logs are correctly saved when Windows is rebooted.
  • When you double click on an item in the Event Viewer, a simple window is displayed with all the associated information.
  • Possible support of beta versions of Windows higher than Windows XP (like Windows .NET or Longhorn). However, I didn't tested it.
  • When the Event File name is incorrect, it is automatically fixed by the software.
  • Added a warning when going in the Preferences the first time if no user signed-in yet (preferences are saved by account so in that case, first time you loggin you will lose all your previously recorded settings).
  • Messenger 5 Compatibility Info message modified to be more understandable.
  • When the Personalised Away window times-out and disapears by itself, Personalised Away mode is not activated.

This post was edited on 01-11-2003 at 03:30 AM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
01-10-2003 06:54 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Muss
Former Moderator

This Is The Start To A New Era

38 / Other / –
RE: Surprize!! Update now!
Good work on fixing that many bugs, though some are minor, will please people very much (Y)

* Muss is still laughing about popcorn bag burning :P

Have a good holiday, it is well deserved
01-10-2003 07:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
Have a nice vaccation (y)
* shine too is laughing at Popcorn Bags :rofl:
01-10-2003 07:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
[white]shark

I bite back :D

Bon voyage ;-)

Greetz
01-10-2003 09:00 AM
sttati

37 / Male / –
Go go Patchou!!

My mirror is updated.
http://whereamigoing.org/mp2/MP2015.exe
try not to kill my bandwidth :)
01-10-2003 11:26 AM
Misterjad

37 / Male / –
erm, on longhorn it was already workin, anyway it still works!!!!
but on my xp  when the setup is completed, it loads msnmsg but i use winmsg too ....
in the prev release it loaded both at the same time, i think it was better .....
what all of you folks think ?
01-10-2003 12:09 PM
Bugz

the well known asshole

38 / Male / Flag
on my xp it loaded only win msngr, so I think it's better as it is now
01-10-2003 12:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
daf

update link http://mod2001.free.fr/MP2015.exe
http://mod2001.free.fr/MP2014.exe still ok...
edonkey link :
ed2k://|file|MP2015.exe|1073152|36331192ca69756ff6810da87e110552|/
01-10-2003 01:07 PM
Sleep0rz

38 / – / –
New dutch mirror, updated!!! (2.016)

http://www.planet.nl/~groo3665/MP2016.exe

There you go .. ;)

This post was edited on 01-11-2003 at 07:31 AM by Sleep0rz.
01-10-2003 01:15 PM
Ice^O^Matrix

– / Male / –
Updated Mirror:

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/p.v.beusekom/MP2015.exe

And Well Done Patchou!!!
01-10-2003 01:36 PM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »