What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Show typing message of the other person

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Show typing message of the other person
Author: Message:
VuDu

RE: Show typing message of the other person
yes such a plugin would be and invasion of privacy, but i think it would be a great feature to add on a future MSN Messenger version. people are talking about a chat with the MSN Development Team, would someone ask that to the "Experts"? I think it would be a nice feature, just like in ICQ whoever wants to chat like that, does so.. and whoever doesn't feels like doing it, can always chat on the old way :)

anyone suporting this idea?
[Image: sig1.gif]
Ad decus et ad libertatem nati sumus
Aut haec teneamus aut cum dignitate moriamur
10-20-2004 12:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Maybe, but I wonder how many people will actually use/enable it. Also it DOES create a big overhead on the servers, and that will proberly the reason why this will never be added inside Messenger itself. (not to mention that the protocol needs to be updated, just for this "simple" feature)

Also, if it was implemented, you will never be able to view your contacts typing unless your contact himself has enabled it. You will not be able to enable it for them of course...

This post was edited on 10-20-2004 at 01:47 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-20-2004 01:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
VuDu

mybe it could use a direct connection between both ends of the conversation, like on a file transfear. i'm not into the protocol so... :s

i'd use it, it's a cool feature, i remeber when i used ICQ that i liked chatting like that cause u could tell how fast the other person was typing, and it made me think more before writing :D
on a direct 1on1 conversation is very usefull cause it makes it way closer to a voice chat and if u can write and look at the screen at the same time... then.. wow ;)
10-22-2004 09:46 AM
Childboy

actually.. since i keep the msn chat windows open a lot of the time.. i often use the msn chat window as a temporary clipboard so that i can copy-and-paste a bunch of different things together and edit something that is totally irrelavent
if this function exist i bet the other user will be pretty puzzled at the garbage i wrote in the box = =

personally i already didn't quite like the build-in feature that tells the other side that i'm writing a message. anything beyond that would be really rude
10-22-2004 11:54 AM
VuDu

take a look at the way ICQ handles it ;) i bet u'd like it too ;) the way it is used in ICQ i think it's pretty positive. but still this discussion has no really meaning in this section since it's almost impossible to be get that feature from a plugin :(

like i said before maybe on a futere MSN Messenger release... :) personally i'd like to c it on MSN too :)
10-22-2004 08:13 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: