What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN
Author: Message:
SDP Dragon

O.P. IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN
Ok, guys heres a good one for all you technical heads out there,  i'm not smart enough to make a plugin myself or i would, but i have a great idea for one.  I call it the ...well nevermind what i call it if you make it you call it what you want, just send it to me please.  ok check this out, while chating on msn wiht my girlfriend i realised i would like to surf the internet at the same time.  Is it posable to make a plugin where you can either move teh webcam window to the other side of the chat box or top or bottom ,  or EVEN better detach it from the chat window comletely, and move it around your desktop?  Also,  now this one will be a bit tricky, but can you make it where if you contact alows you too, that you can change your contacts web cam settings so that you can see better? 
10-24-2004 01:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN
I'm not sure if that's compatible without modding the client...which is illegal
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
10-24-2004 03:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
SDP Dragon

O.P. RE: IDEA 4 A WEBCAM PLUGIN
:@ I just wanted to be able to move the stupid cam window, if thats illegal then msn can .......well nvrmind, i wouldnt want the almighty msn to ban my IP for life forget i said anything.....
10-24-2004 11:27 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
I'm not sure if that's compatible without modding the client...which is illegal
Its not illegal, its just not possible as far as I know. There maybe something in the UFILE that tells the program where the Camera window is. As for undocking the Web Cam window this is impossible. A plugin could be used (but needed by both sides) that could view the other persons webcam and display it in another window, but if  you get into that then your contact wouldn't be able to have any other Video Conferences because webcams can only be used by one program at a time.
10-25-2004 12:14 AM
auhsor

Woop

38 / Male / –
I would also love this to be able to be implemented, but I fully understand if it is too hard/illegal.
10-26-2004 06:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Hmm... if we get the "Webcam ripper" project started/finished, this would be easy to implement... :D.. just another window showing what the plugin/program is "ripping".. :D.. but until then this would be very hard to implement!...
The changing settings of contacts webcam would be possible but VERY difficult... Both users would have to have the program/plugin... Each camera have their own "control panel" that we would have to able to control, the one that would make this would need to know every program avaible for "webcam" settings!!!  and then control them with some API calls to the program... this is proberly never going to be made.... BUT, if as i said before, that the "Webcam ripper" plugin becomes a reality, it would proberly be possible to add some light effects or whatver on your side of recieving.... It might not always be good enough, but it would be a help to be able to sometimes better see ppl on cam!!!... :D...
10-26-2004 09:23 AM
lhunath

.{ Lord Daisy }.

39 / Male / –
Nothing's impossible. Sounds easy enough to make a seperate application which captures all webcam trafic from msn messenger and make a seperate always on top window to display it.
{ -[Image: lhunath.gif]- }
10-26-2004 09:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
i think it would have to be a standalone proxy program to do that
[Image: johnsig02.png]
10-26-2004 10:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
Thats a well gd idea! surprised not mentioned b4. be kool if sum1 cud make it. and with skins and stuff for da detached window, lol. be good if u could add riting over the top of the webcam whilst its still working

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
10-26-2004 05:25 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
Nothing's impossible. Sounds easy enough
Then by all means do it.... If experienced people say something is almost impossible or very hard/not doable, it is almost impossible or very hard/not doable ;)

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
be good if u could add riting over the top of the webcam whilst its still working
and what good will that do???? Only you will see this writing...

This post was edited on 10-27-2004 at 06:36 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-26-2004 05:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: