What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..)

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..)
Author: Message:
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke.
ok if its true.. Then where do they get the money!! I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND!!!! When we sign up we invite 5 people and we sign up for one advertisment... Then those 5 people get one advertisment and 5 people.. But at the end the company pays 250 dollars for each person joining... I dont understand how one advertisment makes them 250 dollars a person..
10-26-2004 04:59 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lhunath

.{ Lord Daisy }.

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke.
No it's not. Not if you do the calculations and have an open mind. And it's not one sponsor, they have a few dozen of sponsers.
For starters, when signing up you are given the option to sign up for optional sponsers, there are about 20 I would guess. I clicked no for all of them. Then, there are the 7-8 sponsers from which you must choose one.
Every one of the five people you refer must also complete this entire process and successfully register with the sponsors. In general, it's quite hard to get your iPod, because not only you but also your 5 refered people must complete the whole process. Therefore, statistically, it's very advantagous to them. I'm betting they're making millions with this. Especially since it's been in the news and all. Check CNN if you want to know, or the TV show posted by CookieRevised, and the pictures shown by WDZ. They are independant and tried the normal customer way. It worked. Many people have received their iPod, if they hadn't it would be publicly known by now and all over the news & google. Check it if you're sceptical as I was.
Btw, you can be damn sure that this company had a huge discount from Apple, for buying the iPods in such a huge quantity.
{ -[Image: lhunath.gif]- }
10-26-2004 04:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
Hmm.. Still i will believe in what my parents always taught me.. There are no free things in life :-)
10-26-2004 08:59 PM
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
what the hell im signing up right now! I live in Canada but i think i can somehow get a friend of mine in the states to help me :D

EDIT: i just found that for all the sponsers, you have to pay to sign up, with the execption of GM card which requires a Social Security Number, i don't even think im old enough and it requires you to be in the states... There's no way i can get others to signup if they have to pay... :( O well i might as well pretend that it never existed and just use my 512MB MP3 player + usb flash drive

This post was edited on 10-27-2004 at 12:16 AM by gnownoskcid.
Cow juice...
10-26-2004 11:40 PM
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
I would realy like to se if this is true could somone please post if they recive their ipod i am interested
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
10-27-2004 06:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
See the video that I posted and the pics that WDZ posted.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-27-2004 06:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lhunath

.{ Lord Daisy }.

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..)
quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid
EDIT: i just found that for all the sponsers, you have to pay to sign up, with the execption of GM card which requires a Social Security Number, i don't even think im old enough and it requires you to be in the states... There's no way i can get others to signup if they have to pay... :( O well i might as well pretend that it never existed and just use my 512MB MP3 player + usb flash drive
Actually, there are about 4 or so for which you don't have to pay a thing. You do need a credit card, because this is the way they work:
You register for a Free trying period. No charges whatsoever. You cancel after that trial, and you pay nothing, if you don't cancel, your credit card will be debited. So if you're clever, and you cancel in time, then you pay nothing at all..

And pipish.. ;/
Did you just not read the video and the pictures posted by WDZ or don't you believe them..?

Edit:
I updated the first post to include a link to a very good guide conscearning this and proof that it isn't a scam. I hope it helps everybody that still want to or already have signed up.
By the way, there are two more services like this, but you need to refer more people for them. Worth a try, I thought, and I added them as well here for you guys.
{ -[Image: lhunath.gif]- }
10-27-2004 04:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
RE: Free iPods, heh, no joke. ( & FlatScreen & DesktopPC..)
quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid
Actually, there are about 4 or so for which you don't have to pay a thing. You do need a credit card, because this is the way they work:
You register for a Free trying period. No charges whatsoever. You cancel after that trial, and you pay nothing, if you don't cancel, your credit card will be debited. So if you're clever, and you cancel in time, then you pay nothing at all..

the only problem is that i don't have a credit card, and my parents' not going to sign up that's for sure

refer friends to join? they won't sign up once they see the credit card problem
Cow juice...
10-27-2004 08:40 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
I have a one question.   I know I would have to refer 5 people, and those five people would have to complete the survey and do that other thing concerning a credit card, BUT, if I want my ipod, do the 5 people I refered have to then refer 5 other people and have them do the same thing so I can get my IPod?

EDIT : once we are able to cancel it, how do we? I dont want to get any charges on the credit card. 

This post was edited on 10-28-2004 at 03:23 AM by Pr0xY.
10-28-2004 03:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy
I have a one question.   I know I would have to refer 5 people, and those five people would have to complete the survey and do that other thing concerning a credit card, BUT, if I want my ipod, do the 5 people I refered have to then refer 5 other people and have them do the same thing so I can get my IPod?

EDIT : once we are able to cancel it, how do we? I dont want to get any charges on the credit card.
you only need to refer to five people and get them to sign up for a sponsor, they do not HAVE to refer other people too (but that would be a stupid thing to do)
Cow juice...
10-28-2004 03:31 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: