What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin

Pages: (15): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
If you add the characters which make text white using plus behind the %3, then it gets confused
You make it yourself as much "confusing" as you like.

If you find this confusing then you also find the use of the Plus! tags confusing, and the use of variables in mIRC confusing, and programming an application confusing, ...

;)

quote:
and to change the track which it says in your name, you have to type in /xwinampnick again.
Or you set the refresh rate to X seconds...

I don't find it confusing, the plugin got confused or something, I don't think it understood it as part of the input mask , this worked perfectly fine 30 minutes ago.
10-26-2004 07:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ErikSchierboom

42 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
* very small note about the installer: When finished it presents a msgbox with a "Yes/No" dialog, it seems a bit unlogic though; a "OK" button will do ;)

Agreed, fixed it.

quote:
* small note about the variable use in nicknames: "%3" seems a bit useless as the user can make this with "%1 - %2"

Edit: I agree with the point you make. This is an example of a feature upon which was expanded during programming. At first I only intended to display "Artist - Title" but later on I thought about separating those two. I know it's redundant but it might save people some characters in their mask and now it's consistent with the tags, (!ARTISTTITLE) being available too. Do you think I should remove it?

quote:
* Thumbs up for the simplicity of the config panel/plugin:
   - no bloated skin used (which almost always looks ugly in most Windows skins for other users)
   - simple config options, yet very versatile...

Thanks for your compliments, one of my requirements was to keep it as simple as possible.

quote:
but the only real annoying thing is that you have to configure the mask before you can use the nickname, imo there should be a check box or something rather than having to type in '%3' or whatever, as some users might not understand this.
This is more of a design issue. I know that at first it is harder to use tags than it is to check boxes, but you do gain in flexibility and in a less cluttered UI. It might require a bit more of the user, but I think it is easy enough to be used by almost every user. However, I have created a short document which explains how to use the plugin. In that document I (extensively) describe how one can use the mask in various ways. Different examples are presented and their corresponding outputs are shown. The link to the document is: http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=277282. Hope this helps.

Did you also notice that you can press F1 in the config menu and a simple help dialog pops up? In the help dialog (as shown in the attached image) a list of all possible commands and tags are shown.

quote:
If you add the characters which make text white using plus behind the %3, then it gets confused
I see your problem, could you post the mask you used? Maybe my plugin has a slight problem with one of the color tags you used. If you could post the mask you used I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

quote:
and to change the track which it says in your name, you have to type in /xwinampnick again.
quote:
Or you set the refresh rate to X seconds...
The idea of the plugin is that it changes your nickname automatically. It periodically checks with Winamp to see what song is playing. If the mask applied to the current Winamp song differs from the current nickname, the nickname is changed. The default value is 10 seconds, which means that every 10 seconds the plugin tries to update the nickname (if something changes from the current nickname).
A small note however: the refresh rate can be changed in the config screen but the changed rate will only be used when the plugin is restarted. Sorry about this, I'll try to find a solution to this problem.

I owe you all a big thanks for trying out my plugin, it can only get better.

This post was edited on 10-26-2004 at 08:48 PM by ErikSchierboom.
10-26-2004 08:36 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by ErikSchierboom
I see your problem, could you post the mask you used? Maybe my plugin has a slight problem with one of the color tags you used. If you could post the mask you used I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

code:
Luke - Now Playing: %3 0   

10-26-2004 08:40 PM
ErikSchierboom

42 / Male / –
quote:
code:
Luke - Now Playing: %3 0

Hmm, the code you posted doesn't seem to do anything. What should the "0" part do exactly? I've also tested it without my tag but still nothing happened.
10-26-2004 08:51 PM
Optimas

great plugin!! Keep the work going on....
10-27-2004 01:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jolo

40 / Male / –
Installed. Seems to work Ok. Great Plugin! :D

Erik, could you add some tags like "Kbps", "Album", "Year"? It would be very nice. :D

Something very strange happened. After a little time of using, the Configure option doesn't work anymore. :(

I tried even to reinstall and restarting my computer, but doesn't work. :(
10-27-2004 03:58 AM
auhsor

Woop

38 / Male / –
Ok this plugin has potential. I really want to get a winamp-messenger plugin happening, but the ones I try seem to have problems, including this one.

I shall say what I want, and see if you can make it happen for me... :)
I want my nick to be something like this:
Josh - Now Playing: Artist - Title
Ok I can enter "Josh - Now Playing: %3" into your mask, but when I close winamp, this is what my nick now looks like. Not good.
I also want to be able to just show my normal nick, Josh, when I pause a song. I often pause a song for lengths of time, and I don't want it to keep saying I'm playing a song.
When I disable to plugin, it should keep my original nick, not the one that includes the song
Also in config screen, there should be a button for help, and also pressing enter should actually press the OK button.

Anyways, I hope my suggestions are helpful. Keep up the good work, and hopefully you can get this plugin to do what I want, and then you will have one happy customer.
10-27-2004 04:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
FuzzyWuzzy

39 / Male / –
RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin
quote:
Originally posted by auhsor
Ok this plugin has potential. I really want to get a winamp-messenger plugin happening, but the ones I try seem to have problems, including this one.

I shall say what I want, and see if you can make it happen for me... :)
I want my nick to be something like this:
Josh - Now Playing: Artist - Title
Ok I can enter "Josh - Now Playing: %3" into your mask, but when I close winamp, this is what my nick now looks like. Not good.
I also want to be able to just show my normal nick, Josh, when I pause a song. I often pause a song for lengths of time, and I don't want it to keep saying I'm playing a song.
When I disable to plugin, it should keep my original nick, not the one that includes the song
Also in config screen, there should be a button for help, and also pressing enter should actually press the OK button.

Anyways, I hope my suggestions are helpful. Keep up the good work, and hopefully you can get this plugin to do what I want, and then you will have one happy customer.

try this for your nickname

Josh %[- Now Playing: %3%]   when winamp is off the now playing wont show in ur name

this is a nice plugin and all but ill stick with song2nick, does all this and more..

This post was edited on 10-27-2004 at 04:51 AM by FuzzyWuzzy.
10-27-2004 04:48 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Edit: I agree with the point you make. This is an example of a feature upon which was expanded during programming. At first I only intended to display "Artist - Title" but later on I thought about separating those two. I know it's redundant but it might save people some characters in their mask and now it's consistent with the tags, (!ARTISTTITLE) being available too. Do you think I should remove it?
Remove %3? Nah, make it show some other tag, dunno, like album or something. (but (!ARTISTTITLE) is indeed a bit redundant if the original %3 is removed.)

Possible futur tags:
- total length in secs
- current position in secs
- album
- etc...
- in short: all the possible tags you could have for MP3's. Must be easy to implement, though you may want to change the tagnames to something more descriptive if you add more. %title, %album, %artist, etc...

quote:
Hmm, the code you posted doesn't seem to do anything. What should the "0" part do exactly? I've also tested it without my tag but still nothing happened.
People use the "0" at the end of their nick to make the "says:"in color 0 (white) so it doesn't show on a white background. Normally when you use the Plus! command "/nick" all the colortags are automatically reset at the end, so you can't use this trick. And that's why there is a "/nick2" command, this command does the same as /nick (changing your nick) only it wont reset all the colortags at the end, and thus everything after the nick is colorerd with it (thus also the "says:" in a conversation)

This post was edited on 10-27-2004 at 05:27 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-27-2004 05:25 AM
ErikSchierboom

42 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Jolo
Something very strange happened. After a little time of using, the Configure option doesn't work anymore. :(

I tried even to reinstall and restarting my computer, but doesn't work. :(

This has happened to me too, so far I've not been able to reproduce the problem which makes it very hard to correct the problem. I'll go over my code and see if I can find the bug.

Okay, thank you all for your comments/critiques. Unfortunately, today I'm working most of the day but tomorrow I'm free so I'll start improving the plugin then. Thanks again.

This post was edited on 10-27-2004 at 06:59 AM by ErikSchierboom.
Download the MPWinamp plugin at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpwinamp/
10-27-2004 06:59 AM
Pages: (15): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: