What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » toolbars again again again

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
toolbars again again again
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: toolbars again again again
Hmm wich version of plus! did you use? I'll quote Patchou here, this might be the solution:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I suggest you try again by reinstalling the sponsor with Messenger Plus! 3.21. In version 3.20 I was testing delayed insstallation of the sponsor and this could have prevented you from reinstalling all the sponsorfiles properly.

Because of the feedback I got about delayed install, I removed it from the setup (again, to avoid misunderstandings) so installing version 3.21 will reinstall all the sponsor files instantly.

After doing that follow the steps as i provided in my post on the first page, starting by point nr. 4 as you already reinstalled with sponsor.

This post was edited on 10-30-2004 at 05:40 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-30-2004 05:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
petrine

O.P. RE: toolbars again again again
I've tried to reinstall Messenger Plus! 3.25.106
The original on I don't remmeber which nr that was. SOmetime back in april or may maybe
10-30-2004 05:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
Then there is a version mismatch between the sponsor programs possibly. Though I don't think this should cause a problem. It looks like the Plus! sponsor, from your screenshot. My suggestion would be to use system restore.
[Image: 7.png]
10-30-2004 07:26 PM
petrine

Just tried system restore. But the comp. came up with: there haven't been made any changes since the day you picked so there's nothing to restore.
  I can only go back to sept this year. bec. I had some changes made to it over the summer- new motherboard etc.
I just made an expermient. I installed the new version of plus with support and ran the lop uninstall. It came up saying there are no lop related ... remove any leftover lopfiles?
As usual it only worked til the comp was booted then it was all wrong again.

This post was edited on 10-30-2004 at 08:20 PM by WDZ.
10-30-2004 08:10 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I know you saidou did it many times alreayd butI jsut want to make sure: you need to download the latest version of Messenger Plus! (3.25), install it with the sponsor and unisntall it right away (confirm the code when prompted, etc...). then, reboot your computer. If some adware comes at that point, it probably comes from something else. At that point, I would suggest running Adaware and SpyBot to get rid of the annoying thing that seems to beinstalled on your computer.

I wish you luck :)
Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-31-2004 12:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
petrine

OK I've tried adaware, spybot, and tracks eraser pro. And it doesn't work. Any good ideas for other programs, but it has to be freeware or I can buy myself poor before I get rid of this thing....
10-31-2004 04:12 PM
XMoon

Same happens to me. This software installs itself in a period of time. It really doesnt matter if u restart ur computer, it will "respawn" hehehe. Ive done everything just like he did. Apparently, there is a hidden software in my comtputer that is making these installations. Ive checked the task managar, and i see nothing suspicous. Ive posted a screenshot of my task manager hoping that anyone can find the problem.

Appreciate ur time...
-moon

.gif File Attachment: picture.GIF (105.4 KB)
This file has been downloaded 140 time(s).
11-01-2004 05:14 AM
XMoon

Oh didnt see Patchou's post. Same here, i have Adware and Spy Bot and none of them find anything that can explain this. I think that the reason that the program reinstalls itself is not Plus!'s fault ,yet I think the sponsor program that installed Plus! left some "leftovers" that are making these changes. Ive been unable to find the source of this problem. On a personal note, ive had many problems with Adware, but this is the first time im actually asking for help. Im out of ideas, please help.

again, appreciate ur time.
-moon

This post was edited on 11-01-2004 at 05:25 AM by XMoon.
11-01-2004 05:24 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Hi moon. I would help if I could but unfortunately, I have no idea of what's causing the problem. I can assure you of one thing though: my sponsor doesn't reinstall itself after any period of time when you uninstall it properly (which you apparently did).

If you found a suspicious program, just search for it an delete it (in the registry and in your file system). At the end, the fact is that if the files of the things you got installed are removed, it wont be able to respawn itself anymore.
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-01-2004 04:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
XMoon

Oh I understand and thanks anyways, yet i have one more thing to ask. You said

"doesn't reinstall itself after any period of time when you uninstall it properly"

So suppose I didnt uninstall it properly. You just said that it reinstalls itself right? I wonder, because you accepted to include the sponsor in plus, if you know in which directory does the sponsor installs itself? Or maybe its roots go deep in the registry. I really dont know. I've ran Msconfig and im pretty sure the program is one of those in services or in the startup tab, since it runs in the background. I don't know if you could provide us with any information regarding the sponsor program because that will help us get to the root of our problem.

again, i appreciate ur time...
-moon
11-02-2004 12:40 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: