What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Fresh news about Messenger 7

Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Fresh news about Messenger 7
Author: Message:
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Fresh news about Messenger 7
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Patchou, you need to take a break. Make sure you hit the rippers down in Paris. Maybe they will let you perform for the audience your... "Oops I did it again".
i just got that :rofl:
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
11-01-2004 02:17 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
R-Style

– / Male / –
Patchou you can better wait before releasing the beta. Go to france first and when you come back make the beta available. I think MSN want to make an fusion of MSN 7 and Messenger plus. It will be one piece of software. And before installing you can choose if you want to install Messenger plus. Like the MSN toolbar.

This post was edited on 11-01-2004 at 08:53 AM by R-Style.
11-01-2004 08:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
s7a5
Veteran Member

great news !
I think u deserve a vacation that will actually motivate you to do plus even a better exerience once u come back
take your time Patch! :D
11-01-2004 09:52 AM
mess-france

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hi everyone,

it is with pleasure that I announce that MSN France invited me to a special Messenger 7 event that will take place in Paris November 5th. They also invited Dwergs, a guy from Neowin, ... this seems suspicious, it could actually be a trap so exceptionally, I decided to release a public beta version of Messenger Plus! 3.40 before I board the plane next Wednesday :).

This beta version WILL be compatible with Messenger 7, at least, to some extent. I don't like releasing beta versions but Messenger 7 being in beta itself, I don't think it it will annoy anyone to have two half-finished products running at the same time ;). I'll post more news about it in time, I can't guarantee the date of the release though: if some of the important current bugs can't be fixed by Tuesday, you'll have to wait a little longer (and hope that MSN France doesn't keep me prisoner :p).

Have a nice weekend,
Patchou

I'll see you there so :)
11-01-2004 09:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
madhattr999

not that patchou doesnt serve lots of credit.. i could be wrong but i dont think u guys should be thinking that this meeting or whatever is gonna be about him and/or messenger plus. patchou was just invited to it.. along with other people that are involved with msn products... its like having a public meeting and inviting people that would be interested in what goes on at the meeting just so everyone is informed.

microsoft probably just invited all the developers of plugins they think are benefiting their software so they can inform them of the major programming changes in the way msn 7 works.

that would be my guess on why they invited patchou. (and everyone else who they invite). just to say "this is how the new communication model will work with msn 7" (or whatever programming aspect its about). that way they dont lose fans who will only use msn 7 if they have msn plus working for it.

k thats my two cents lol
11-01-2004 04:10 PM
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
Patchou ;) maybe they are planning to get all of you lot together then they gonna hold you all to ransom lol :P
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
11-01-2004 05:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by R-Style
Patchou you can better wait before releasing the beta. Go to france first and when you come back make the beta available. I think MSN want to make an fusion of MSN 7 and Messenger plus. It will be one piece of software. And before installing you can choose if you want to install Messenger plus. Like the MSN toolbar.

I really doubt this, afaik Patchou doesn't want this to happen at all, I think that he wants to keep it as a third party extension for MSN Messenger, rather then letting it get integrated, if they agree on this, then the contract will be thoroughly read, and the msn team will probably edit some of the source, which i severely doubt that Patchou wants this to happen at all, as its his source. You don't want your house being broken into and changed around now do you?

If you want Messenger Plus! you download it, if you don't then you won't, this whole thing is a pretty big assumption to make, if they invited Patchou for this reason, then why did they invite Dwergs and MSN Fanatic guy?
11-01-2004 05:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Fresh news about Messenger 7
madhattr999 is right :). And in any case, Messenger Plus! is good the way it is distributed now, no need to integrate it anywhere else :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-01-2004 05:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
The reason is simple:

It's for a new TV-show. Each show they have a different popular theme. And this time, the theme is MSN Messenger. So they invite people from some different communities and then they must fight eachother in a big cage. Something like the big wrestling-matches...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-01-2004 05:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
find_your_spot

– / Male / Flag
I don't know why.... but watch out. that msn don't use you. or stealling your ideas.

Haven fun (Y)
[Image: sig.jpg]
11-01-2004 07:08 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: