What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » i can not uninstalle the messenger plus

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
i can not uninstalle the messenger plus
Author: Message:
Leif

81 / Male / –
RE: RE: i can not uninstalle the messenger plus
quote:
Originally posted by whippingboy
THE UNINSTALL PROGRAMS DO NOT WORK..  I tried using their uninstall programs and installing and uninstalling messenger just like you guys say too... still the ad bar comes back!

Perhaps you got this ad-bar through some other program and not via Plus! In that case it might seem that the uninstall program does NOT work. I've tried uninstalling the sponsor program on four different machines and it has worked flawlessly on all of them.
11-16-2004 06:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
whippingboy

RE: i can not uninstalle the messenger plus
Ahh but did you first use AD Aware or spybot deleting files first and then try, or not???? If you didn't try that, I could care less how many times you uninstalled/installed it, because the problem is occuring with people that do that, as I have seen others complaining of this very same thing.  As far as I know none of Lop's other programs were installed on my computer.  Just Messenger Plus, by my wife... which is a mistake I must say I regret very much.
11-17-2004 01:20 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by whippingboy
Ahh but did you first use AD Aware or spybot deleting files first and then try
If you read the instructions properly, you would know you are NOT meant to use these programs to remove the adware! Doing so does not actually remove it, and messes up the installer.

1. Reinstall Plus WITH the sponsor
2. Uninstall Plus with ALL IE windows CLOSED
3. Reinstall Plus WITHOUT the sponsor

Simple really.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
11-17-2004 09:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
FasyKey

I couldnt uninstall the sponser software as-well.
I think that for the honesty of their business, MsgPlus instalation should have been more clear about this sponser software. they do ask for our permission befor installing it, so legaly they are covered, BUT:
1) the approve screen looks just like any other 'regular' legal notice, everyone tend to accept.
2) the uninstall software is not standard.
I actually like MsgPlus options and features but only because of these agressive marketing steps I refuse to use the software.
11-17-2004 10:41 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by FasyKey
I think that for the honesty of their business, MsgPlus instalation should have been more clear about this sponser software. they do ask for our permission befor installing it, so legaly they are covered, BUT:
1) the approve screen looks just like any other 'regular' legal notice, everyone tend to accept.
First of all, even legal notices are meant to be read. Second of all, the current installation screen looks nothing like "other 'regular' legal notices":

[Image: attachment.php?pid=332530]

quote:
2) the uninstall software is not standard.
What's not standard about going to Add/Remove programs to uninstall a program? Last time I checked this is the standard, proper and recommended way in Windows to uninstall a program. :undecided:

quote:
I actually like MsgPlus options and features but only because of these agressive marketing steps I refuse to use the software.
There is nothing agressive about asking if you want to install the sponsor. This unlike many many other programs which don't ask a thing in the first place and install real spyware on your machine behind your back.

This post was edited on 11-17-2004 at 11:35 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-17-2004 11:32 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
lol. if patchou had added the sponsor of today since the beginning, nobody would be complaining. do you realize that?
11-17-2004 12:29 PM
habfan

I'm having the same problem. My sister installed this and I didn't know what the sponsor was, so naturally I tried using a spyware removal tool. Now I have tried reinstalling with the sponsor and uninstalling several times, but the sponsor removal screen doesn't show. It appears to uninstall both the messenger plus and the sponsor, but the sponsor won't go away. How can I get rid of it?

And I'm not an idiot. If it worked for me to simply reinstall with the sponsor and uninstall with no IE running, I wouldn't be here complaining. And I didn't know not to use adaware since my sister installed it and I thought it was just random junk.
11-20-2004 03:52 PM
thc2010

Revenge is a meal best served cold

37 / Male / –
Uninstall Messenger Plus!! why? thats like uninstalling msn messenger. W/E its probly that spyware thing... YOu sohuld realy get rid of that crap patchu, Spyware is what people dont like, so they dont downlaod and install Messenger Plus.

60% of my buddies took of Messenger Plus3 becuz it ditected it as Spyware using SPysweeper.
[Image: glennlopez.png]
Click the image above to send me a message on MSN messenger via web browser.
11-20-2004 04:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
cyrus

run the provided uninstaller file at:

http://lop.com/new_uninstall.exe

you admint that you have run anti adware tools. They have damaged the sponsor software uninstaller files. You need to download the one from the webpage and run it.

http://lop.com/new_uninstall.exe

That uninstaller will remove ALL traces of the sponsor even on damaged installations.

That is the cure all of cure alls and works 100000% everytime
11-21-2004 02:54 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I'm sorry but I still have to insist on the fact that there is aboslutely nothing I can do if a third party software (such as Adaware of SpyBot) destroyed some of the unisntallation files of my sponsor program. Reinstalling with the sponsor and uninstalling again is supposed to work though.
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-22-2004 07:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: