What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Plus Conflicts With Messenger

Plus Conflicts With Messenger
Author: Message:
Gonçalo Cruz

33 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Plus Conflicts With Messenger
My Messenger has been always working well with plus but once it starts to conflict and they didn't work toguether anymore i have to kill Plus process to use MSN Messenger! What do i need to do to put the both well? i've got more progs to messenger besides plus but i try evrithing (incluning unisntall e reinstall) but nothing work! what  i've got to do?
11-15-2004 08:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Plus Conflicts With Messenger
quote:
Originally posted by Gonçalo Cruz
My Messenger has been always working well with plus but once it starts to conflict and they didn't work toguether anymore i have to kill Plus process to use MSN Messenger! What do i need to do to put the both well? i've got more progs to messenger besides plus but i try evrithing (incluning unisntall e reinstall) but nothing work! what  i've got to do?

AFAIK, nothing really conficts with messenger plus! a lot, if you have StuffPlug install and messenger discovery, then there will be some conflict caused, other than that, there shouldn't be any other problems. It may be a problem if you do have a lot of extensions for MSN Messenger, they might be causing a major conflict, maybe you should try removing some of them, or check the compatibility for plus!
11-15-2004 08:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
eckocomplex

– / Male / –
Stop right there, this isn't MessengerDiscovery's fault.
quote:
Plus Conflicts With Messenger
11-15-2004 09:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by eckocomplex
Stop right there, this isn't MessengerDiscovery's fault.

I'm not blaming messenger discovery for the problem.

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
f you have StuffPlug install and messenger discovery, then there will be some conflict caused, other than that, there shouldn't be any other problems.

Please read my posts more carfully.
11-15-2004 09:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Please calm down eckocomplex.

As for the problem, I suggest you disable the plugisn feature in Messenger Plus! and restart Messenger. If it dfoesn't work, try removing other 3rd party plugins that may be installed.
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-16-2004 02:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
eckocomplex

– / Male / –
Sorry but I have to take an aggressive stance on the continious blame on MessengerDiscovery when the user doesn't even report its use. I know how easy (and even promoted) it is to place the blame on MessengerDiscovery but it's geting outrageous. When the user reports "I have MessengerDiscovery" then sure blame MD all you like, it would be justified. Even still, I (and anyone who actualy thinks twice), would have their doubts as MessengerDiscovery doesn't hook into Messenger in any way (a method 103248230942 times more likely to cause instability than opening a port, that number is an estimate - don't quote me on it). If MessengerDiscovery were to crash something it would be itself.

Sorry if I came off a little angry (if anything I was quoting my favourite movie) but it's tiring to have incorrect posts like these reported to me day-in-day-out which cause nothing but bad rumors/publicity and a pain in my ass :).

Peace out (H).

This post was edited on 11-16-2004 at 11:22 AM by eckocomplex.
11-16-2004 11:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: