What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta

Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta
Author: Message:
mpmc

O.P. Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta
Hi, I came a cross this werid bug! I loaded MSN Messenger 7.0.3.332 as usual Plus loaded with it, Yet two contact list windows appeared! one with plus, one without!

All Both in the Same Instance of MSN Messenger 7!

Whats going on! & no this isn't a fake! :@

MP told me it wasn't able to hook onto messenger & asked me if it wanted it repaired, I did that & it was fixed, but I don't understand when one window had plus but not the other!..

If you want to see the unmoddifed version (blured for security reasons) contact me!

[Image: hmm.jpg]

This post was edited on 11-17-2004 at 11:44 AM by mpmc.
11-16-2004 05:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta
both messenger plus 3.40 and msn 7 are beta so u can not expect them to work perfectly.

this seems to be a bug with msn 7 as u shouldn't have two windows for the same email address
11-16-2004 05:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mpmc

O.P. RE: Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta
I know that...
11-16-2004 05:12 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta
Are you using any other patch or plugin for Messenger? this problem is definitively weird.
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-16-2004 10:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
And please reduce the size of the picture!
[img=640x480]<url>[/img] should work nicely.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
11-17-2004 09:27 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mpmc

O.P. RE: Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta
OMG, I just noticed! yesterday, (after applying a patch about a month ago) to hide the search bar/Actions pane (the add contact bar thing) the search bar appeared again & still is appearing (Overlay) on the contact list! The button has changed too, it looks like is diappeared!

but it doesn't appear on those :s in that screen shot, I think those patches are conflicting with Plus! :o:o:o:o

[Image: huh.jpg]
11-17-2004 12:02 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by mpmc
OMG, I just noticed! yesterday, (after applying a patch about a month ago) to hide the search bar/Actions pane (the add contact bar thing) the search bar appeared again & still is appearing (Overlay) on the contact list! The button has changed too, it looks like is diappeared!

but it doesn't appear on those :s in that screen shot, I think those patches are conflicting with Plus! :o:o:o:o

[Image: huh.jpg]
prolly cause you used a patch for another version... and then it modifies the wrong bytes and could modify all those things.

btw, opening two msgr windows used to be  a bug when a plugin took time to load and then you doubleclick a tray icon. so a window opens, then another one does because the plugin finished to load.
11-17-2004 12:27 PM
Jessica

43 / Female / Flag
That happened to me, with the search bar and the bar at the bottom of im windows appearing and re-appearing even after I installed the patch but luckily I download the 7045 version and two different patches and never again will I see those bars :)
11-17-2004 02:06 PM
mpmc

Yeah, I just upgraded!
11-17-2004 03:23 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: