What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Tft screen fault?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Tft screen fault?
Author: Message:
user35870
Disabled Account

O.P. Tft screen fault?
I recently found a small white dot on my tft screen which will not come off would this mean that one of the pixels or damged?

This post was edited on 05-13-2005 at 09:26 PM by user35870.
11-17-2004 07:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user13774
Disabled Account

RE: TFT SCREEN FAULT!
That's probably a dead pixel yeah. If you got something as a dead pixel insurance you can send ur screen back, but that's not always possible. Think it's best to call ur store or supplier if there is any possibility in getting a new one.
11-17-2004 08:04 PM
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
Most places have a certian number of dead pixels required before they'll accept a return. Normally about 8.

None of my TFT have ever had dead pixels (home, work, or otherwise).
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
11-17-2004 08:07 PM
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

36 / Male / –
Wait.... so when there's a blank spot its acutally a dead pixel.... lol i always thought that but then told myself i was foolish!

* Maniac puts on a a black wallpaper and looks for dead pixels

but wait, what about weird vertical lines that appear on the screen? I got that with all previous laptops i bought.... are those fixable?
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
11-17-2004 08:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user35870
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: TFT SCREEN FAULT!
could this spread over the screen more? is it worh geting a new one i have found 3 !! its only a Month old!!! :o

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
you can send ur screen back
also will thay have to give me a new one or can it be fixed!?

This post was edited on 11-17-2004 at 09:51 PM by user35870.
11-17-2004 09:03 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ningc_Maniac
Wait.... so when there's a blank spot its acutally a dead pixel....

* Ningc_Maniac puts on a a black wallpaper and looks for dead pixels
If you mean a "blank" spot as in a white pixel, then no, not always. It depends what kind of fault is happening, it can be any color (or no color at all for that matter). A pixel "staying the same all the time" is more correct ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Ningc_Maniac
but wait, what about weird vertical lines that appear on the screen? I got that with all previous laptops i bought.... are those fixable?
Again, depends. It could well be a driver error too, or a refresh rate that isn't set up correctly. It is also possible that the connection between the monitor and PC is crappy and almost broken (same thing can happen on a PC when you don't plug in a monitor properly or the plug itself is broken). As last thing, it can indeed be a faulty screen too...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-17-2004 11:05 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by wj
Most places have a certian number of dead pixels required before they'll accept a return. Normally about 8.

None of my TFT have ever had dead pixels (home, work, or otherwise).

i heard  with LG they wont accept it back  till it has 12 Pixels Dead , something like that,   you also gotta becarefull how you clean a TFT screen,
11-18-2004 12:37 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by chris100
could this spread over the screen more? is it worh geting a new one i have found 3 !! its only a Month old!!!
It could "spread", yes. Depending on the kind of hardware fault. But if it is only a month old, I surely would go back to the shop with it (even after 1 pixel) and demand a new screen. This kind of hardware fault isn't meant to happen anymore in today's monitors and screens (unless you have a very old one or a very very very crappy one).

Btw, in the past (some years ago) this kind of fault happened when your screen showed an image too long on the same spot. Like showing the Start button all the time in Windows. After a while the image was burned into the monitor and different things could happen: the image was still shown even if you turned of your monitor (burned in) or some pixels went "dead" and didn't show any color anymore (burned out). For this exact reason screensavers were invented!

But now-a-days, all monitors and screens should be able to cope with images shown for a long time on the same spot, because screens are made differently now then they used to. Thus screensavers have only a cosmetic value now (or a security reason, but this was true in the past also).

btw: make sure those pixels aren't dirt/dust or something! Sounds stupid, but it could be just that. Some small dust particals can't be wipe off as easly. So first make sure it isn't that by cleaning your screen with a special product designed for wiping of screens.

This post was edited on 11-18-2004 at 12:54 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-18-2004 12:51 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
It could also be some program causing the error. Does this problem occur when you're computer is booting up?
[Image: 7.png]
11-18-2004 01:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user35870
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: TFT SCREEN FAULT!
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
make sure those pixels aren't dirt/dust or something! Sounds stupid, but it could be just that.

it isn't there when the computers off i have used special stuff to clean it u can hardly notice it but only when in windows media when the background black !

(unless you have a very old one or a very very very crappy one).

It was £200 and its a medion MD7475AC ative lcd screen

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
It could also be some program causing the error. Does this problem occur when you're computer is booting up?

yeh thats when i noticed it the most because of windows xp boot screen

This post was edited on 11-18-2004 at 03:51 PM by user35870.
11-18-2004 03:39 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: