What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Graphical idea

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Graphical idea
Author: Message:
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
RE: Graphical idea
quote:
Originally posted by Xorzo
However, it's limited, but open to such designers and programmers as the Messenger Plus team, people who have the skill to program at this level should let their creativity be expanded by their users.
just letting you know msgPlus is programmed by a one-man-army so don't expect too much ;)
Cow juice...
11-04-2004 03:12 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Uchuujin-san

Its a good idea though.. and something i've been tryin to work around for awhile now (though my lack of knowledge is too great lol). Like on Xorzo's Desktop I want to be able to show my contacts while seeing my BG.. I know this can be done to a similar effect with the opacity thing but that affects the whole MSN window.. including the contact names making them really hard to read. Is there anyway to either have a completely transparent background for the contact list? or somehow control the fading of the contact names when you change the transparency so that you can read it clearly?
I've tried editing a transparent .gif for the list but the white stills shows through :$

This post was edited on 11-08-2004 at 01:13 PM by Uchuujin-san.
[Image: 26152.jpg]
11-08-2004 01:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
I dunno, it looks like WAY too much work for Patchou. I mean, he has to first code the window to take ALL your contacts, their statuses, their names, their icons, and their groups, AND the window has to be "invisible" so it doesn't show up in your taskbar. Then he has to make it all transparent and scrollable. Then, he has to make it hide with Boss Protection Mode. Mind you, the Boss Mode part doesn't seem like it would be too hard, so correct me if I'm wrong.
[Image: 7.png]
11-08-2004 01:28 PM
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
if u have your entire contact list on ur desktop, you might as well either not have them on your desktop and only have your contact list or just totally do away with the contact list. the point of floating contacts is for VIPs, not your entire list. and patchou is already working hard enough, so pls, this is not neccessary
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
11-08-2004 02:15 PM
Xorzo

O.P. RE: Graphical idea
Of course it is necessary FrozenFire.  To the totality of the project, it is necessary.  (Just as you are necessary to the totality of existence.)  To make the program the continually better, you must keep trying to add features that will satisfy users.  It seems like MSN will be popular for a while, so I assume Patchou will not abandon his project.  This entails that he will need ideas in order to keep his program fresh while making further success with time.  If we are to help Patchou in his success, his users must guide him in this way.  It seems wrong to defend Patchou like that, as you can see, your defence has not resulted in anything positive.  It's not like I'm rushing him, as you make it seem.

Xorzo.
11-19-2004 07:47 AM
lepr

37 / Male / –
Sorry if i've got the wrong idea, but it sounds like what ur asking for is this:
You want the MSN contacts list to become a part of ur desktop so u can quickly see who's online and who isnt, but u want it to blend in with ur desktop to make it more appealling.

What I dont understand is this:
If you have your contact list on your desktop, then that's going to get covered up by other programs running. Therefore ur going to have to press your Show Desktop button to be able to see your contacts list - but thats pretty much the same as just clicking the MSN Messenger taskbar button that u have now 8-). Also I don't think Patchou needs to add fresh ideas so often anymore as Plus! seems to be doing alright for itself with many people using it, and i dont think all of them use it to its full potential either. Just my 2 pennys worth :D
11-21-2004 12:57 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I don't really see the point in the idea, just do what choli said, It would just be hard work for Patchou with not much point.
11-21-2004 02:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: