What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Another possible idea for sponsor program

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Another possible idea for sponsor program
Author: Message:
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
RE: Another possible idea for sponsor program
but to get another sponsor, the other party must agree. and i think c2media is already hosting msgplus.net. it's not easy to make a switchover. and great that the delay for the next button will be extended. last time even before i could guess what the page was all about, the delay was over.
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
11-23-2004 04:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

How about rite people shut up. :dodgy:. Not to be rude or anything, Patchou makes this program on his own accord, he's not payed! He gets around 2cents for everytime the sponsor is installed, let him do what he wants, he doesn't need to make this, he doesn't need to have this forum does he?? He could just put his own ideas into it and not take any advice from anyone else.. but he doesn't, please just leave it be, the screen on the installation is done, it looks good.
11-23-2004 04:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
traxor-

Hey, when did I say he HAS to do what I suggested? :S

Hope it wasn't directed at me. I'm just saying that those affiliate programs pay MORE and are SAFER (that way MORE people WILL INSTALL it).

I'm actually giving an idea so that Patchou earns more and not the other way around.

So don't shut me up.

----------

FrozenFire -

Those affiliate programs don't care where you put their links, they're created to be used by anyone and in any way. He can always take a few minutes to read the TOS.

FireFox, for example, has the Google search box with its affiliate name on it. So it CAN be done (and Google pays a lot more and it's more useful than c2media).

About c2media hosting MsgPlus!, then he could keep this sponsor but add the other one too.

Then again, if this suggestion is taken so bad by others, I can always shut up. :-#

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

11-23-2004 05:03 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by : gnownoskcid

I agree on that one, lop.com has a bad name and i'm too afraid to install it from the bad comments i've heard
I wouldn't mind installing and keeping a sponsor program that doesn't have dozens of popups everytime you go online and doesn't hog all the system resources

You don't need to keep the toolbar installed for Patchou to gain money 8-) you only need to install it.
AC3
11-23-2004 08:38 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by UglyBoy
traxor-

Hey, when did I say he HAS to do what I suggested? :S

Hope it wasn't directed at me. I'm just saying that those affiliate programs pay MORE and are SAFER (that way MORE people WILL INSTALL it).

I'm actually giving an idea so that Patchou earns more and not the other way around.

So don't shut me up.

I'm sorry if I offended you at all, of course it wasn't directed at you, I was talking about people in a whole. I'm merely suggesting that with the new sponsor installation page, that people will just give it a rest for once, the new page isn't as mis-leading as it used to be, and the numbers of complaints have decreased, and afaik, Patchou is happy with the results.
11-23-2004 09:04 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
He gets around 2cents for everytime the sponsor is installed
no, he gets x cents everytime the searchbar is used.

quote:
I'm just saying that those affiliate programs pay MORE and are SAFER (that way MORE people WILL INSTALL it).
How do you know that? I'm not so certain of it btw, otherwise Patchou would already have changed it.

quote:
Those affiliate programs don't care where you put their links, they're created to be used by anyone and in any way. He can always take a few minutes to read the TOS.
They do care about were the links are, or if there are links at all. That's how they (and you) make money. They would pay more or less depending on the type of package you give to your users.

quote:
and Google pays a lot more and it's more useful than c2media.
Again, who says so?

quote:
About c2media hosting MsgPlus!, then he could keep this sponsor but add the other one too.
That wouldn't be "solving" the "problem", but more adding to the "problem".

This post was edited on 11-23-2004 at 09:18 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-23-2004 09:12 PM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
I know because I use Google AdSense, MercadoLibre (which is a Latin American partner of eBay), and Amazon.

The money you earn per click in Google AdSense is bigger than many other click-based affiliate programs. As I said before, I've seen Firefox use this, as well as in Blogger.com.

The advantage of using this is that it doesn't have pop-ups.

And I said, anyone can read the TOS and see if a toolbar is allowed.

In the eBay partner affiliate program we are allowed to create toolbars, for example. As long as you make money (so that they make money too), they accept almost anything.

Again, it's a suggestion for Patchou. Sorry if it offends anyone else. But I rather hear/read from him that the idea is useless.

Thanks.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

11-23-2004 09:40 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by : CookieRevised   
quote : Originally posted by traxor

He gets around 2cents for everytime the sponsor is installed

no, he gets x cents everytime the searchbar is used.

quote:
Originally posted by : Attitude Extreme

You don't need to keep the toolbar installed for Patchou to gain money  you only need to install it.

Really you have to use it? I thought it was just for installing it. Patchou musn't get much money due to rep of lop.com and the fact that n00bs are bothered by this stuff they think it's spyware and viruses, most of them anyways.8-)

Edit : I am going to install the toolbar and use it a bit for Patchou!:)

This post was edited on 11-23-2004 at 09:49 PM by _Humphreys.
AC3
11-23-2004 09:44 PM
KillQuilty

Try this hack:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\Dvd Amen.exe]
"Debugger"="\"\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\DVDAME~1.EXE]
"Debugger"="\"\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\Phone Poll.exe]
"Debugger"="\"\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\PHONEP~1.EXE]
"Debugger"="\"\""

This post was edited on 12-22-2004 at 03:28 AM by KillQuilty.
12-22-2004 03:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
frankbuzin

Corp IM weenie

33 / Other / –
Happy  RE: RE: Another possible idea for sponsor program
quote:
Originally posted by : Attitude Extreme
...and the fact that n00bs are bothered by this stuff they think it's spyware and viruses, most of them anyways.

Well I came here to check out this addin after my OfficeScan AV server lit up this morning from more than a few users (some of our developer and designer types have admin rights on their PCs) installed a v3.4 beta build of Messenger Plus! (they are running MSN v7 beta). All of them had "Soap View.exe" ID'ed as having TROJ_SWIZZOR.R. This along with the mysearchnow toolbar install and the creation of the desktop shortcuts, has placed this site on our blocked list. I think another revenue model is needed to keep us corp weenies from being forced to block this site.

I just tested the beta install myself and there is a prompt to NOT install the sponsor stuff, but it looks too much like a "EULA" type prompt for someone pounding through the install. Even tho there may have been a few that actually read these dialogs and thought it a "good idea" to support the program, none were aware that they would be ultimately getting their AV client to email me.  :(

This post was edited on 12-23-2004 at 07:16 PM by frankbuzin.
12-23-2004 06:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: