What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » iPod Mini vs. iRiVER

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
iPod Mini vs. iRiVER
Author: Message:
TylerG

33 / Male / –
RE: iPod Mini vs. iRiVER
Well you got me there I really have nothing against the other mp3s.  I just highly recomend the ipod it is really good in my opinion
[Image: lardotest4on.png]
11-23-2004 02:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Fraisie
Former Super Mod

Pixie Dust!

42 / Female / Flag
I have a iPod mini (pink :P) and I just love it ! So easy to use, works so so great with iTunes, and the perfect size. The controls are also well very done.
So, Fraisie.net is empty atm. I\'m trying to come up with something cool to put on it, and I will!
11-23-2004 02:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
This might help:
I use a site called http://www.epinions.com to check people's oppinions on products. I did a quick search of the two.

Ipod Mini got 4.5/5 stars and has 37 reviews. You can read the reviews HERE

IRIVER got 5/5 stars and has2 reviews. You can read the reviews HERE
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
11-23-2004 02:17 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Everyone , I would like you to meet Tyler. He is one of my good friends and I am the one with the iPod he is reffering too. Please welcome him as a member of our community and give him a chance. (He was with me when we set the house on fire.)

The main difference between the iPod and the iRiver is that the iRiver runs on alkaline replacable batteries in oppose to the iPod's rechargable battery. Replacable batteries are too much of a hassle to put up with. You would constantly have to be buying more packs (Especially if you listen constantly like I do). With an iPod you have enough juice to last you the whole day , come home and charge and be ready for the next day.

With a student discount you can buy an iPod mini for $229 off of Apple.com so I strongly suggest you do. I am faithful with my iPod , It hasn't let me down yet.
11-23-2004 03:30 AM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by NoName
Everyone , I would like you to meet Tyler. He is one of my good friends and I am the one with the iPod he is reffering too. Please welcome him as a member of our community and give him a chance. (He was with me when we set the house on fire.)

The main difference between the iPod and the iRiver is that the iRiver runs on alkaline replacable batteries in oppose to the iPod's rechargable battery. Replacable batteries are too much of a hassle to put up with. You would constantly have to be buying more packs (Especially if you listen constantly like I do). With an iPod you have enough juice to last you the whole day , come home and charge and be ready for the next day.

With a student discount you can buy an iPod mini for $229 off of Apple.com so I strongly suggest you do. I am faithful with my iPod , It hasn't let me down yet.

I agree that the Ipod is better, but the fact that it's rechargeable isn't the main thing because you can always buy rechargeable AA batteries (though that + the charger would run you anohter $20-$30 CAD).
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
11-23-2004 03:49 AM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Yes , But you would have to buy a battery recharger and additional rechargable batteries. (Which can only be used like twice.)

There is less hassle in buying an iPod :-/

(I would know , I have had 3 other MP3 players.)
11-23-2004 03:55 AM
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
.. The recorder is the only feature that really interests me in the iRiver.. It can be used a lot when u have a test or something and u can record the notes from your teacher.. as for the batteries... Uhh. you can also get rechargable batteries.. But the ipods batteris sound much beter...

If one gb is good enough for you then u are good to go :-) I like iRiver
11-23-2004 08:51 AM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
if were talking about MP3 players, take a look at this
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
11-23-2004 09:07 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
eckocomplex

– / Male / –
I'm thinking about buy one of the iRiver portable media things but can't ship them to New Zealand :(.
11-23-2004 09:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
detn8r

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: iPod Mini vs. iRiVER
Well if Fraisie has one, I must have one :P

Actually, from reviews I've read, the recording feature is teh sux (thats too bad really), and the FM turner has poor frequency oh, and apparently it has a bad battery covery.

And for the record: I do have rechargable AA battery's AND an recharger because of my digital camera ;) so that wouldn't really be the problem.

But over all, because of the 'crap' features that are loaded, I may go with the iPod, and spend the extra $60 bucks.

Thanks for all your opinions!
11-23-2004 02:27 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: