What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Should i buy Xbox Crystal with Halo2?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Should i buy Xbox Crystal with Halo2?
Author: Message:
The Napster

I seriously need to change this pic

– / Male / –
RE: Should i buy Xbox Crystal with Halo2?
You have to pay for PS2 online gaming too, its only PC where its free. I would get a Normal Xbox if you want it cheaper. Damn, i need to get halo 2, havent had a chance to drive like 1-2 Hours to the nearest media mart :P .
[Image: globesig2.png]
11-26-2004 05:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
btw, PS2 isn't forgotten at all. Don't forget that there are far more PS2 games around and far more users of PS2 then Xbox. Yes, Halo 2 will have some people changing to xbox, but still. Also, then new GTA (for PS2) is due to be released and in terms of users, this will be very close (if not more) then Halo 2 on xbox. So don't write of PS2, just because Halo 2 is the current hype!

Also, both consoles have reached there point where the graphics can't be improved anymore some time ago. And tbh, the Halo 2 graphics aren't that of a big "wow" in console gaming industry. In fact, graphic-engine-wise, there is nothing that has been improved significantly since Halo 1.

You want to game online for as little as possible money? you want the best graphics? You want the best compatibility/upgrade possibilities? Stick to your PC then, and invest your money in some more memory or better graphics card...

;)

PS: also, when Halo 2 for the PC hit the stores, you'll see all kind of (free) mods also. Something which can't be done on an Xbox. Also graphics-wise, there are more possebilities with PC graphics then their are on an Xbox, so I wouldn't be surprised if the PC-version will look even better then the xbox version.

This post was edited on 11-26-2004 at 06:10 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-26-2004 05:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user35870
Disabled Account

will  halo 2 never be made for ps2?
11-26-2004 05:59 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by chris100
I highly doubt that. First of all, Halo 1 isn't even available for PS2. Second of all, Bungie is very tight in with Microsoft (which made the Xbox) and it is like asking to make a MS Windows for a Mac. Or better to understand: Making Messenger Plus! for Yahoo Chat.
11-26-2004 06:03 PM
user35870
Disabled Account

Though so lol thanks :)
11-26-2004 06:06 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

Plus!, the graphics would be absolutely rubbish and it would have a loooot of lag, and/or about 10 discs! lol

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
btw, PS2 isn't forgotten at all. Don't forget that there are far more PS2 games around and far more users of PS2 then Xbox. Yes, Halo 2 will have some people changing to xbox, but still. Also, then new GTA (for PS2) is due to be released and in terms of users, this will be very close (if not more) then Halo 2 on xbox. So don't write of PS2, just because Halo 2 is the current hype!
Its not forgotten, and there are more upcoming games on xbox than the ps2!!

Halo 2 is great, but there are more games than that, gta san andreas on ps2, wooooow, big deal, its crap graphics, wait until January for the Xbox release :p
11-26-2004 06:09 PM
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
Can i just say you would be a fool not to
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
11-27-2004 07:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Halo 2 is great, but there are more games than that, gta san andreas on ps2, wooooow, big deal, its crap graphics
Look at other games, eg: Kill Zone, you'll see that the graphics are just as good on the PS2 as Halo 2 on the Xbox..... GTA isn't made to be photo realistic, it is in the first place made for the gameplay.

The whole point is that PS2 and Xbox are very equal consoles. And just because Halo 2 is the current hype (note: "current", meaning it will blow over) doesn't mean that PS2 is crap and to be written of.

People who want to buy an Xbox atm, are 99% influenced by the Halo 2 crazyness, nothing more.

This post was edited on 11-27-2004 at 04:27 PM by CookieRevised.
11-27-2004 04:23 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chris100
I highly doubt that. First of all, Halo 1 isn't even available for PS2. Second of all, Bungie is very tight in with Microsoft (which made the Xbox) and it is like asking to make a MS Windows for a Mac. Or better to understand: Making Messenger Plus! for Yahoo Chat.

Actually, Microsoft OWNS Bungie now :P
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
11-27-2004 04:55 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
e who want to buy an Xbox atm, are 99% influenced by the Halo 2 crazyness, nothing more.

So what drove them to buy it previously?
11-27-2004 06:02 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: