What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Custom Names Suggestion for 3.4 - Patchou plz read

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Custom Names Suggestion for 3.4 - Patchou plz read
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Custom Names Suggestion for 3.4 - Patchou plz read
It is a good idea, however it would be pretty difficult to do it (and I don't plan on patching the UI file :)). Note to lepr: Messenger 7 is not using a listview control anymore so I can't just do things I did before.

The other reason why I don't want to do that kind of thing yet is related to what I saw in Paris some weeks ago... if Microsoft make it public in the beta of December, you'll see what I'm talking about... for now, UI stuff is in wait mode, I'm waiting for Microsoft to do the first move :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-28-2004 10:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
That was already possible since a very long time. Use the (!N) tag (or (!M) tag for that matter) in your custom name.
I never knew that! I couldn't believe i used msgPlus so long without knowing that. Maybe this tip should be publicized better on the site. I don't think that I'm the only user not knowing this 'trick'. Many users may find this info useful.
Cow juice...
11-29-2004 01:22 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid
I never knew that! I couldn't believe i used msgPlus so long without knowing that. Maybe this tip should be publicized better on the site. I don't think that I'm the only user not knowing this 'trick'. Many users may find this info useful.
Well, it is not a trick (as you know, seeing by the quotes), but by design, a suggestion made by yours truly a year ago (and proud of it :p).

Anyways, normaly I would say: RTFM (read the fantastic manual), but since there is no included helpfile (yet) (which would be huuuuuuuge), I suggest to do the next best thing and what everybody should do anyways when using a particular piece of software: start reading the official faqs, changelogs and stuff on www.msgplus.net ;)

quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid
Many users may find this info useful.
Also, take a look at: "Preview of improved Custom Names feature in Plus! 3.40". Although, IMHO, it still wouldn't be directly clear that you can use those tags with that method. But that's just my opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
(and I don't plan on patching the UI file )
To know what Patchou is on about:
eg http://www.messenger-skins.net/showthread.php?tid=597&pid=4466#pid4466

This post was edited on 11-29-2004 at 02:34 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-29-2004 02:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: