What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Devilin and the uninstall page

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Devilin and the uninstall page
Author: Message:
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
64.62.180.101 looks like the msgplus update server.
Makes sense, since 64.62.180.100 is the hopepage server.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
12-02-2004 08:07 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Devilin and the uninstall page
quote:
Originally posted by Devilin
and thanks for the spell grammar check, I'll certainly use it
I'm dyslexic:D thus the bad grammar and spelling:D
ok, noted, no problem. Give a yell when you're finished with the page (after all these discussions) and I'll correct the interpunction for you...

quote:
quote:
We didn't flame and cursed you
although the majority of responses were pleasant, one individual, did flame me, and suggested without provocation that I was quote "dimwitted"

So to be purely factual and honest, instead of saying
"For more information and assistance, on messenger plus, visits the messenger plus forum"
I should say
"message plus forum, where your likely to receive have a hostile and confrontational reception"
That last line states that this forum is full of scum and that we all start flaming to n00bs without reason. What you'll do when you print that line is generalizing and judging everybody because of 1 bad poster. This is far from honest and stating facts, in fact it is the opposite.

You said so yourself: "The majority of responses were pleasant. One individual did flame me and suggested without provocation that I was quote 'dimwitted'"
So, I can't see how that last line is an honest and factual representation of this forum. It would be very dishonest if you put that on the page....

"For more information and assistance, on messenger plus, visits the messenger plus forum" _is_ honest because what we are doing here is discussing things without flaming. And the reason why this forum exists is for providing information and assistance.

Did we judge you because we had some bad experienced before with people? Nope, because that would be a bad thing to do.

quote:
This is all about compromise CookieRevised
No it isn't, if you put that line there, it would be twisting the truth.

quote:
The Interpretation of facts, can be a tricky business, nothing is set in stone, its all open for interpretation
Hence the reason why you should be as clear as possible and that is the reason of the things I suggested in my previous (lengthy) post...

quote:
which is why I'm here, there's two opposing views, the one in which messenger plus/sponsor program, is wonderful, and anybody whom tries to say anything differently, is evil and nasty, with the other opposing view, where messenger plus/sponsor is evil and nasty, and destroys peoples computers.
You forget the third and most important and good one: the objective one.

It is not because we are regular users here that we can't be objective! If you do some research you'll see that we also often critized Messenger Plus!

quote:
I could happily build a page with either interpretation, and make it entirely factual, I'm trying to build a page, which considers both sides, which is why I'm here, to get your side, and no other reason
If you reread my previous (lengthy) post carefully, you'll see that I don't suggested things which are open for interpretation.

If I said that "clicking on yes" is confusing and not correct then it is not correct because it should be "click on install with sponsor". This has nothing todo with how I feel towards Plus!, but everything with stating things which are true, no matter if I (or anybody else) like it or not....

Also, in that same post of mine, I suggested what you should change in your personal addition to the uninstall manual. If I wouldn't be objective and all "pro-Plus!" I would have tried to convince you to delete that part. Instead, the things I said to add were only facts (to make it clear) and will not change your or anyones opinion of Plus!.

What I wanted to make clear in my previous post is that some things are not about comprimises or interpretations, but about pure facts. Even if you don't agree with them, they still are facts...

quote:
Patchou,
programs have been re-defined, by the anti Spyware committee, there not baby eating monsters, honest, the vast majority are decent people wishing to help others,
Although this is directed to Patchou, I also gonna reply to this in "short".

It is indeed a handfull of people who are radically against Plus! and have a very narrow point of view and bash everything and everyone related to Plus! without looking for a split second to the facts . Unfortunatly it is those people which have a big influence on the others because they shout the loudest. And because of that, other people (who know even less about adware/spyware.etc) believe anything what the "big shots" say, no matter if it is grounded on fact or on lies....
(And believe it or not, but their influence goes as far as to vendors of anti-virus software)

But, honesty demands me to say that there are also "big shots" with a broader view and actual do research stuff. Eventhough they also often have an anti-Plus! view and thus recommend to others not to install Plus!, they also point out the facts (eg: optional adware sponsor, how to uninstall, etc...) and don't spread false assumptions...

quote:
have you had correspondents with any of them? spybot ? etc.
Again directed to Patchou, but here I go: Personally, yes, I do correspond to them. In fact, the last few days I've been more on those kind of forums then I was on this forum...

This post was edited on 12-02-2004 at 10:38 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-02-2004 10:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Devilin

O.P. RE: Devilin and the uninstall page
Are we haveing fun Yet ?:)

http://chooseknowledge.com/How-to-uninstall-Messenger-Plus.htm

I've removed the link to the facts page, for the moment while I contemplate what to do about it, I'd suggest a re write, with a more considered and a less bias approach Patchou

I intend to check back occasionally on the replies people get on this forum, and I may change the words above the link to this site, if the general state of replies are less than warned and friendly,

CookieRevised, the advice that people should disconnect from the Internet, if they turn off scanning software, is the Internet is full of nasty stuff, and any computer, should be fully protected, while connected, you don't need to go anywhere, do anything, simply connecting to the Internet unprotected and you become a potential victim, if you'd like I'll explain in more detail, just ask
12-02-2004 10:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I'm fully aware of what the internet is and what it can do (as long as the web existed I've been using it, heck even before that I used BBS's)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-02-2004 11:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Devilin

O.P. RE: RE: Devilin and the uninstall page
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I'm fully aware of what the internet is and what it can do (as long as the web existed I've been using it, heck even before that I used BBS's)

Its far to large a subject for me to contemplate, being fully aware of CookieRevised

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised  why should people disconnect? There is no internet activity at all when you uninstall Plus! or it's sponsor. This line is of no use what-so-ever and is confusing and wrong information.

"cough"

Reading through your very long posts, is delightful,

If you wish to discuss them, we should start with words on a individual basis, and there meaning, not there assumed meaning, there dictionary definition meaning, in context of course

How about the word fact, :D

This post was edited on 12-02-2004 at 11:42 PM by Devilin.
12-02-2004 11:30 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Devilin, so that you don't misinterpret my actions: the first thread you opened was closed because of some replies people were making to you, and not because of your own messages. As you can see, I left this thread opened :).

I don't think it's very right to remove the link to my facts page and replace it with an "attorney general" link. I do get the joke but a lot of people will not and will see that as "Patchou doesn't care at all so you'd better write to someone else".
[Image: signature2.gif]
12-03-2004 02:21 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Devilin

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Devilin, so that you don't misinterpret my actions: the first thread you opened was closed because of some replies people were making to you, and not because of your own messages. As you can see, I left this thread opened :).

I don't think it's very right to remove the link to my facts page and replace it with an "attorney general" link. I do get the joke but a lot of people will not and will see that as "Patchou doesn't care at all so you'd better write to someone else".

Updated slightly, making official complaint, is legitimate, until the situation between your sponsor program, and the security software is resolved, there will be people genuinely suffering, this cannot continue indifferently, a third independent party may be required to resolve this, any government agency will not take sides,

Patchou your in business, I personally have no problems with you making money out of this, in fact I admire your entrepreneurial spirit, and I wish you luck, but business is a serious endeavor, its no joke
12-03-2004 06:46 AM
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

38 / Male / –
I read Devilin's page again, and it looks better, but from the beggining, the title "How to remove Messenger Plus" isn't accurate.

Because Messenger Plus doesn't install alone and if somone install it with the sponsor, he/she will just want to remove Messenger Plus's Sponsor.

I suggest the title is changed to "How to remove Messenger Plus's Sponsor (C2Media)"

This post was edited on 12-03-2004 at 06:52 AM by leito.
[Image: leonelgalan.png]
12-03-2004 06:51 AM
Devilin

quote:
Originally posted by leito.gt
I read Devilin's page again, and it looks better, but from the beggining, the title "How to remove Messenger Plus" isn't accurate.

Because Messenger Plus doesn't install alone and if somone install it with the sponsor, he/she will just want to remove Messenger Plus's Sponsor.

I suggest the title is changed to "How to remove Messenger Plus's Sponsor (C2Media)"

This is true, but it might be confusing, I'm assuming most people won't know exactly whom C2Media are, I'll try to think of a more inclusive but still simple title
12-03-2004 07:08 AM
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

38 / Male / –
quote:
quote:
This is true, but it might be confusing, I'm assuming most people won't know exactly whom C2Media are, I'll try to think of a more inclusive but still simple title

I suggested the use of "(C2Media)" because we, people, need to name things and because, users could do a basic research about C2Media, before or after uninstalling it.

Good to see you will change the old title, hope you find the more inclusive title.
[Image: leonelgalan.png]
12-03-2004 07:44 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: