What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » flash tutorials for website, and help

flash tutorials for website, and help
Author: Message:
martin

37 / Male / –
O.P. flash tutorials for website, and help
im wanting to do a website for a radio station and my ideas call for a flash site but i dont know anything about flash. i downloaded a trail version of it that last like 160 day i think, so i have a little bit of time to work on this. but my main problem is all the flash tutorials i find is mainly bout doing aninmations and movies, but nothing bout websites, anyone know where i can find sum

and when i was playing with it the other day, i imported sum of hte images im wanting to use and there all pixilated and look like s***, how would i fix that.
if sum of your who have designed flash site have sum free time and would like to help i would be very thankfull, (and happy) and i put together a little gif animation of sumwut of wut im wanting to do, it isn't complete i just made it so u can get an idea of want i want to do

.gif File Attachment: fly-template-2-full.gif (123.85 KB)
This file has been downloaded 183 time(s).
11-28-2004 03:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ranicx

Abstract Artist

38 / Male / –
RE: flash tutorials for website, and help
umm i dont know of any tuts for actualy making a flash website.. cause thats a farly big task to do and envolves having a decent knowlange of acion script.. but with the imgs.. import them as BMP files.. or PNG if u want transperancy.. never as jpeg. cause flash actually compresses the files it self, so importingjpeg files actualy makes the final product alot larger.
~ranicx is a: Abstract Artist @ DeviantArt
|| Program skills: Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, Cinema4D, Apophysis ||
ex-MSN Messenger skinner        :wink:
- ranicx-design -
11-28-2004 06:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
deuce

– / Male / –
cant u do a mouse over thing for the shaft thing to go down.... then some script for when u put ur mouse over it it will move down in the menu???
11-29-2004 04:51 AM
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
a flash website is just a regular flash animated movie with interactivity implemented. Therefore, you would have to know the basics of creating a regular flash animated movie to begin with. (so read those tutorials that you mentioned if you don't know how)

as for interactivity, this is all scripted. It would help a lot if you know a scripting language of some type (such as javascript, etc) In flash, the scripting language is called Actionscript. It allows you to pause a movie, play the movie, rewind, and a whole bunch more. If you are using Macromedia Flash MX 2004, run it, press F1 to bring up the Help menu, choose "Using Actionscript in Flash". You should get all the help you need there
Cow juice...
11-29-2004 05:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
deuce

– / Male / –
:P i was kinda close lol
11-29-2004 09:55 PM
C3PO

Formally known as 'Wolfenstein'

33 / Male / –
sorry martin i cant help u i know nothing about nothing but i was just wondering is there a pluggin out there to save flash files cause it would be so handy for me :P ive looked it up b4 but there all pay ones and the free ones neva work.

This post was edited on 11-30-2004 at 11:54 AM by C3PO.
[Image: customsig30958km5eg.gif]
11-30-2004 11:53 AM
deuce

– / Male / –
ahh... to save em...  wat do u mean really i dont think there is a way besides going in the code and finding the link :-# that is all i no
[Image: msgnet.gif]
12-02-2004 12:02 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: