What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » new mail box pop up

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
new mail box pop up
Author: Message:
sayxrahh

O.P. new mail box pop up
the box that tellls you that you have mail never pops up for me nor does it say 1 new mail message on my msn name..does anyone know why!?!
id like to be able to fix it =/ cause i never know when i have mail unless i click on the link HELP!
12-05-2004 07:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
goofy_guy

HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY

32 / Male / –
RE: new mail box pop up
hey, im new to giving advice so dont be suprised if this doesnt work, if you go into "my computer", "control panel" and "install/uninstall programs", and double click on msn messenger (whateva version your using) and click repair then that may help, just a thought. if that does'nt work make sure that in your personal setting's in "alerts and sounds" that the box that says "display an alert when e-mail is recieved" is tiked.

I think you should try my second advice first becoz repairing it could remove programs from msn:S

This post was edited on 12-07-2004 at 11:52 AM by goofy_guy.
HEY. CAN ANYBODY MAKE ME AN ANIMATED SIGNATURE OR PUT A SANTA HAT ON MY AVATAR. PLEASE
12-07-2004 11:48 AM
sayxrahh

O.P. RE: new mail box pop up
i already tried the alerts & sounds thing its always been ticked .. & i re-installed the msn 6.2 & Messenger Plus .. but still it didn't work =/
i didn't repair it tho - i just checked on my control panel & it says "change" & when i click it it just re-installs it again =[

i do get the notification everytime i sign in but i still wanna know why it doesnt do it while im on msn .... it doesnt make sense cause it always did it before .. just recently it stopped for some reason
12-07-2004 05:29 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
First things first....

1) What MSN Messenger version are you using?
see the menu Help > About MSN Messenger

2) What Messenger Plus! version are you using?
see the menu Plus! > About...

3) What email-popup toast do you want? The one from Plus! or the one from MSN Messenger? In other words, what kind of emailaddresses do you want to check? You hotmail address or an alternative POP3 address?
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-07-2004 09:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
azn angel

rawr

– / Female / –
when you open you email, is there mail in you inbox or in you junkmail folder? if it is in you junkmail folder then it will not show up
TREKIE IS MY HOMEBOY <3
12-08-2004 02:10 AM
Trellaine201

Roll Eyes  RE: new mail box pop up
Hi there, I never realized that I could set up Messenger Plus to notify me when i get email from another POP3 account.  I want to set up my yahoo account but I am  confused on what information they want in the Messenger Plus options area for this??

Can someone give me a link or forum where I can find out what information i need to input?

Server?? is this my ISP?
email address?  my yahoo account?

Thanks, I know a lot of questions but havent been able to find information on this.

Cheers
J
12-08-2004 03:59 AM
sayxrahh

O.P. RE: RE: new mail box pop up
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
First things first....

1) What MSN Messenger version are you using?
see the menu Help > About MSN Messenger

2) What Messenger Plus! version are you using?
see the menu Plus! > About...

3) What email-popup toast do you want? The one from Plus! or the one from MSN Messenger? In other words, what kind of emailaddresses do you want to check? You hotmail address or an alternative POP3 address?

1) MSN Messenger ; 6.2.0137
2) Messenger Plus! ; 3.25.106
3) I want my hotmail address that i sign in with to pop up. no_xsuchx_thing@hotmail.com
12-08-2004 04:19 AM
f1d0d1d08989

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Trellaine201
Hi there, I never realized that I could set up Messenger Plus to notify me when i get email from another POP3 account.  I want to set up my yahoo account but I am  confused on what information they want in the Messenger Plus options area for this??

Can someone give me a link or forum where I can find out what information i need to input?

Server?? is this my ISP?
email address?  my yahoo account?

Thanks, I know a lot of questions but havent been able to find information on this.

Cheers
J

For Yahoo! Mail, firstly, you need to go to your Mail Options page, then click on POP Access and Forwarding under Management. Then, in Step 1, choose Web and POP Access. In Step 2, choose HTML Messages. Remember to click the Submit button.
After that, a page will be shown to you. Almost in the middle of the page, theres a table, titled 'Server Settings'. DO NOT CLOSE THIS PAGE YET.

Then, go to the Plus Preference page (Plus!->Preferences), then the POP3 Email tab. Ensure that the 'Enable POP3 e-mail checker' is ticked.
Then, for the Server field, type in the information given in the table at the webpage just now, specifically the Incoming Mail (POP3) Server row, which is usually pop.mail.yahoo.com, unless yours is a local mail account, like mine, which is pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg.
[Image: pic4.JPG]
Leave the port 110 field alone.
For the Login & password, type your Yahoo! ID in the first field, then your Yahoo! password in the second field.

This should let Plus check your Yahoo! Mail account for any new mails.

This post was edited on 12-08-2004 at 07:05 AM by f1d0d1d08989.
12-08-2004 06:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
goofy_guy

HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY

32 / Male / –
to saxyrahh
some e-mails can take a while to actually come to you, when i am talking to one of my friends we send each other e-mails heapz and its instant, however with some of my other friends there e-mails wont come until the next day(are your e-mails there just not being alerted or are they not actually being recieved).
HEY. CAN ANYBODY MAKE ME AN ANIMATED SIGNATURE OR PUT A SANTA HAT ON MY AVATAR. PLEASE
12-08-2004 11:30 AM
sayxrahh

O.P. RE: new mail box pop up
they are actually being recieved! sometimes when i click on the link to check my mail ill have new mails & wont even know about it .. & when i first sign on & it tells me how many emails i have ill check it but then itll still say i have 2 new emails or whatever until i sign out & sign back in & then itll say no new emails .. its really dumb i dunno why its doing this lol
12-08-2004 07:06 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: