What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » new mail box pop up

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
new mail box pop up
Author: Message:
Trellaine201

RE: new mail box pop up
quote:
Originally posted by f1d0d1d08989
quote:
Originally posted by Trellaine201
Hi there, I never realized that I could set up Messenger Plus to notify me when i get email from another POP3 account.  I want to set up my yahoo account but I am  confused on what information they want in the Messenger Plus options area for this??

Can someone give me a link or forum where I can find out what information i need to input?

Server?? is this my ISP?
email address?  my yahoo account?

Thanks, I know a lot of questions but havent been able to find information on this.

Cheers
J

For Yahoo! Mail, firstly, you need to go to your Mail Options page, then click on POP Access and Forwarding under Management. Then, in Step 1, choose Web and POP Access. In Step 2, choose HTML Messages. Remember to click the Submit button.
After that, a page will be shown to you. Almost in the middle of the page, theres a table, titled 'Server Settings'. DO NOT CLOSE THIS PAGE YET.

Then, go to the Plus Preference page (Plus!->Preferences), then the POP3 Email tab. Ensure that the 'Enable POP3 e-mail checker' is ticked.
Then, for the Server field, type in the information given in the table at the webpage just now, specifically the Incoming Mail (POP3) Server row, which is usually pop.mail.yahoo.com, unless yours is a local mail account, like mine, which is pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg.
[Image: pic4.JPG]
Leave the port 110 field alone.
For the Login & password, type your Yahoo! ID in the first field, then your Yahoo! password in the second field.

This should let Plus check your Yahoo! Mail account for any new mails.

Thanks for your help.  Seems many people are having problems with this feature.  I will give it a try and see.
Thanks again.
12-08-2004 09:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

34 / Male / –
I am having the same problem. It happened with MSN 6 and it's still doing it with MSN 7 BETA. I only have one pop-up when I first sign-in and for some odd reason, it pops up while it's still signing in, then after that, nothing. *-)
12-08-2004 10:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Rhapses

Actually, i've been having the same problems.

It started when i installed Messenger Plus, actually.

So i'm guessing it's a bug/problem that is caused by messenger plus.

I dare say if it isn't fixed soon, i'm gonna uninstall it. I like the program but if it removes such simple and incredibly useful features such as hotmail email notifications... well i'd rather that then the ability to say what winamp song i'm listening to or having a personalised away message (despite how much i like having the personalised messages!).

MSN Messenger: 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus!: 3.25.106
Windows XP

If anyone has a solution to the problem, i'd most appreaciate it.

Regards,

Rhapses.
12-09-2004 08:05 AM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
ummmmm didnt everyone in the other thread about this decide that its  at msn's end, and nothing to do with msgplus :)

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
i think they is a problem at msns end, because i've been havin problems with my email indicator lately aswell. my guess is that with all the updates that msn are doing, that some of the notifications are gettin lost, so you are not informed about new emails

This post was edited on 12-09-2004 at 04:14 PM by kangie.
[Image: sig.jpg]
12-09-2004 04:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

34 / Male / –
I thought so. Because I have had plus! for like forever lol. At least it's not just my computer. :D
12-09-2004 04:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
sayxrahh

O.P. RE: new mail box pop up
so what do we do lol just wait till msn fixes it?!
cause i tried deleting & installing msn like 8 times but it didnt work so i just got version 7 hoping it would work ... but i was wrong lol Messenger Plus! is compatible with 7, right?
12-09-2004 10:07 PM
Rhapses

TESTS
Testing:

As suggested in another thread, i ran a few simple tests:

1. I uninstalled Messenger Plus!. This caused no change and email notifications were still only given at sign in ONLY.

2. I did a repair on MSN Messenger. This caused no change also.

3. I uninstalled MSN Messenger, downloaded the non-beta version (6.2.0137 -- or the version i previously mentioned anyway as it was the same), and installed the downloaded copy. No change.

So either some kind of problem which doesn't remove itself through the uninstall or MSN has problems.

HOWEVER, i've been in contact with other people on my list and they don't have problems. That is people from around the world too, by the way, not just where i live (Australia). Their email notifications are working fine (we bounced emails around and they would get notified when they recieved the new email-  I would not.

Next step would be for someone to notify Microsoft and see what they think it is and then report here. Any volunteers? :-# (A)
12-10-2004 02:01 AM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
well, if it was happenng to me, i would... but i dont think ive had any probs.... i wouldnt notice anyways! if no-one will, then i want indepth details n ill contact them :P

[edit] on second thoughts, i have other issues id like to take up with MS, so ill do it in the next few days n post a reply

This post was edited on 12-10-2004 at 03:50 AM by kangie.
[Image: sig.jpg]
12-10-2004 03:48 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
sayxrahh

O.P. RE: new mail box pop up
it works now! its been working for a week maybe actually lol :) thx for everyone that tried
12-21-2004 06:42 AM
Fergy

36 / Male / Flag
Yeah i can confirm these problems
its all got to do with Microsoft's upgrades for MSN Messenger 7
I should change my sig ay?
12-21-2004 08:01 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »