What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [suggestion] Filter out ALL the contacts from recieving auto-responder

[suggestion] Filter out ALL the contacts from recieving auto-responder
Author: Message:
cleverbronto

O.P. [suggestion] Filter out ALL the contacts from recieving auto-responder
Firstly...WELL DONE. (Y)Messplus is a great add-on. Now that I have found it, I dont know  what I'd do without it. If it werent for you I dont know if i'd be using msn messenger much at all...messplus makes messenger a program worth using.
I do have one idea for a Messenger plus improvement for your next update or whatever:
When in the Personalised Status - Auto-responder / Message Filter - Contacts Selection menu it wont allow you to hit OK without selecting any  contacts. Instead it gives the message: " You must accept at least one contact to whom your message will be sent.(if you don't, this option serves no purpose really :). "
I have a purpose for it and I'm sure it would be useful to anyone who uses messenger often enough to care.
I have an auto-responder for one of my statuses, and normally I want the message to be there. When I get alot of messages while in that status I get tired of reading it with every one I recieve. I dont really need to have my contacts reminded over and over of the specifcs details of my status, either. Now I dont want to remove the auto-respond message because I will want it there again later. But, unfortunately I cant be in that status and disable the message temporarily. So it would be handy if I could have the filter on but have no one selected to recieve the message.
12-10-2004 07:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
RE: [suggestion] Filter out ALL the contacts from recieving auto-responder
Just make the exact same Personalised Status twice, one with an auto-message and one without. :) So you can then choose if you want it to display the auto-message or not.
[Image: johnsig02.png]
12-10-2004 08:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: