What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Custome Names Showing Up as Emails In Contact List

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Custome Names Showing Up as Emails In Contact List
Author: Message:
chris
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Custome Names Showing Up as Emails In Contact List
well this has still been hapening alot lately and tis really anoying i think later i will reinstall msn and not remove the add and see what happens but last night somethign really weird happend like it showed some peoples custom name showed up but others didnt and just showed their email but it showed their custome one in a conversation. . . well i dont know if u get what im sayin but hers a pic
the ones underlined in green have a custome one and it shoed right and the ones underlined in red have a custome name and its not.

.jpg File Attachment: Weird.JPG (105.87 KB)
This file has been downloaded 258 time(s).
12-17-2004 03:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kaleus

RE: Custome Names Showing Up as Emails In Contact List
Guys which encounter the problem, did you use Stuffplug-ng?
I have the problem too, and I'm using stuffplug-NG (which allow to set custom name too, maybe a conflict?)
12-26-2004 10:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
net-cruizer

TCP Junkie

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Custome Names Showing Up as Emails In Contact List
quote:
Originally posted by Kaleus
Guys which encounter the problem, did you use Stuffplug-ng?
I have the problem too, and I'm using stuffplug-NG (which allow to set custom name too, maybe a conflict?)

Hmmm, I think that may be the problem after all.
I disabled Stuffplug-NG and so far the custom names are working fine.

-edit-
Nope, that aint the problem, problem still exists, damb.

This post was edited on 12-30-2004 at 09:01 PM by net-cruizer.
12-30-2004 08:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mr magoo

:$

I'll admit to being a bit naughty and trying to get rid of the adverts. Following this information here

and removing this code via reshacker
code:
    <element id=atom(adbannercont) layout=filllayout() layoutpos=none >
        <element height=25 layout=borderlayout() borderthickness=rect(0,1,0,0) colorize=enabled/>
        <textadbanner id=atom(adbanner) layout=borderlayout() padding=rect(1,0,1,3) borderthickness=rect(0,1,0,0) colorize=enabled>
            <cmdbutton id=atom(adbannertextcontainer) layout=verticalflowlayout(0,0, 2, 2) layoutpos=left background=argb(0,0,0,0) selected=false tooltip=true AccName=rcstr(85) padding=rect(19,0,2,4) colorize=enabled>
                <wledit id=atom(adbannertext) class="ReadOnlyText" selected=false active=inactive />
            </cmdbutton>
        </textadbanner>
    </element>

Seemed to trigger the problems. It's v strange that removing this would mess up the names....  Either way, returning to backed up version without this code removal seemed to solve the problem. My advice- don't try and remove the ads!

All the best people- happy new year Patchou! We'll have to meet up again some time!

tom
01-03-2005 01:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
corrupted

38 / Male / –
No it's not a bug...it's part of plus, you guys should read carefully lol. So if your contact list doesn't have a custom name it will show his/her name by the email...i was going to have a request to make the custom name view by display name...because i don't like seeing peoples emails in the conversations too.  The way you change it back is to go to Contacts>Manage Contacts>View Contacts by> and pick DIsplay name, not email address. If you still have the custom name enabled.  It will change it back to email address.  I'm hoping that patchou will make it so it doesn't use the by "email address" but both or display name. So some people will and won't have custom names.   Point form if u guys dont' get it cause most people dont' get me :(

- NOT  a bug
- Part of plus
- Look at the screenshot
- No custom name = show email address
- Way to change it back
- And a request :)

.jpg File Attachment: pic.jpg (76.29 KB)
This file has been downloaded 250 time(s).
01-04-2005 03:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: