What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » New adress locked at first use...

New adress locked at first use...
Author: Message:
Lililou

O.P. New adress locked at first use...
Hello !
i have a problem by using MSN Messenger with a new adress that i just created. When i try to open Messenger, i have the following message :

You have made too many unsuccessful sign-in attempts with an incorrect password for: ...@hotmail.com

Microsoft .NET Passport has made your account temporarily unavailable to help prevent other users from guessing or obtaining your password.

You can:

Wait a few moments and then try to sign in again.
Reset your password if you can't remember it.

I can't reset my password because my adress has been locked. I don't understand : i never used this adress and i'm sure the password was the right one... I tryed to write to the Contact three times but i never had an answer... Does anybody here already had the same problem? What can i do?  Thank you for helping me !
12-16-2004 07:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: New adress locked at first use...
Maybe you should try and change your passport or something, so that you have a new one, therefore you don't have the problem anymore, I don't think that there are any laws against having multiple accounts for hotmail..

Or

You could send hotmail an email somehow and they should be able to sort something out for you.
12-17-2004 06:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
you can have as many hotmail accounts  as  you want.... withing reason i guess :P  and lililou, try waiting 24hrs and then trying again :) if it still dosnt work, THEN contact microsoft

This post was edited on 12-17-2004 at 10:13 PM by kangie.
[Image: sig.jpg]
12-17-2004 10:11 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
goofy_guy

HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY

32 / Male / –
oh no, some weird people do this to people, they have frozen your account and you wont be able to access it until they un-freeze it, it has happened to me, you just have to get a new account
HEY. CAN ANYBODY MAKE ME AN ANIMATED SIGNATURE OR PUT A SANTA HAT ON MY AVATAR. PLEASE
12-27-2004 02:24 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
No u don't just wait for 24 hours as kangie said then it'll probably work if not then contact msn. Still not working ?? then make a new account.
This happened to my bro at yahoo but got fixed after 24 hrs.

quote:
Originally posted by goofy_guy
oh no, some weird people do this to people, they have frozen your account and you wont be able to access it until they un-freeze it, it has happened to me, you just have to get a new account
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
12-27-2004 02:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Replicarter

Its not fixed to 24 hours, when people use program like IceCold to feeeze your account it gets frozen for 15 mins, but the program then does it again and it gets frozen for another 15 mins again and again, and you wont be able to access it again until they stop, there is no fixed 24 hour time untill it works, they could carry on doing it to your account for days on end if they wanted to waste that much time.
12-27-2004 06:59 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: