What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » two reputation things

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
two reputation things
Author: Message:
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. two reputation things
firstly - I don't think you should be able to vote on someone who's post count is below 100, the main reason is that if they are not allowed to vote for anyone because they dont have enough posts, we shouldnt be allowed to vote for them.
Also it can take a while for people to get used to the way the forum works, so if they start out as a spammer, and get a really low reputation it may scare them off, however if they start out as a spammer and we tell them not to spam etc... they may eventually stop and could become a helpful member of the community.

secondly - Since the feedback page looks like the eBay page, then why not have a indicator showing how many votes are positive.
Also a chance for members to reply about votes. For example if someone says "he called me a ____" then the person can reply and say "that was taken out of context" or whatever.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
12-26-2004 04:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: two reputation things
I don't agree with the below post count reputation, I think it should be there, because if a n00b is constantly spamming, then we report them, and we can give them a lower reputation for doing so.

I like the second Idea part though, I think there should also be a report for offensive reputation votes aswell, cause some are quite bad..
12-26-2004 05:52 PM
Titty

titty is me ;p

– / Female / –
lol, I would like to give some people positive counts, because they're good posters.  But I can't yet.. That's fine. 

Someone gave me a positive count.
Sadly I can't return the favor. lol.

Anyway, the second idea, I agree with.
So you have a chance to reply and defend yourself..
12-26-2004 10:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Titty
IMO, this is wrong. I too was given a positive reputation point, but I won't "return the favor", because it seems wrong to me. I first need to see if the person is not a spammer or acts according to the forum rules.

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I don't agree with the below post count reputation, I think it should be there, because if a n00b is constantly spamming, then we report them, and we can give them a lower reputation for doing so.
I agree with you. After all, this is what causes some newbies to change for good.

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
secondly - Since the feedback page looks like the eBay page, then why not have a indicator showing how many votes are positive.
Also a chance for members to reply about votes. For example if someone says "he called me a ____" then the person can reply and say "that was taken out of context" or whatever.
This I agree with, one should be able to reply to the comments (and edit the reply if the other person edited their comment!).

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

12-26-2004 11:05 PM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
I dont agree with the replies thing that could make the page full jsut with them but i would agree if it could be expansible and u could remove the replies and just read the opinions EDIT: i read it wrong i tought it would make people able to reply to the others's users opinions but i realised that only the user "reputationed" could, in this case i agree.

And about the spam things and new user part you can change your opinion at any time about that user  think...

This post was edited on 12-26-2004 at 11:09 PM by paperless.
12-26-2004 11:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Titty

titty is me ;p

– / Female / –
RE: RE: two reputation things
quote:
Originally posted by UglyBoy
quote:
IMO, this is wrong. I too was given a positive reputation point, but I won't "return the favor", because it seems wrong to me. I first need to see if the person is not a spammer or acts according to the forum rules.

I'm pretty sure that the ones eligible to vote for others are not
spammers, or act according to the forum rules.

12-26-2004 11:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
I'm pretty sure that the ones eligible to vote for others are not spammers, or act according to the forum rules.
:) Anyone above 100 posts can vote, this can be a spammer or not.

Hack, hack, hack!

12-26-2004 11:11 PM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: two reputation things
quote:
Originally posted by UglyBoy
quote:
I'm pretty sure that the ones eligible to vote for others are not spammers, or act according to the forum rules.
:) Anyone above 100 posts can vote, this can be a spammer or not.

Lol trust me, admins here are very strict in terms of spam comparing to other forums im in....u can be sure that 99% of the posts of a user are not spam(here)... and i think its well done because in this forum there is a T&T u can make a new topic saying hi and they dont care...

On the other forums there isnt something like that.. (at least the ones im in).

I see a lot of spam there.. like u make a new topic asking anyone know bla bla and ther eis very comon seeiing "no i dont" replies...
12-26-2004 11:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by paperless
Lol trust me, admins here are very strict in terms of spam comparing to other forums im in
Yes, there's no doubt about that. And I don't think I said that everything here was spam :s

But it doesn't mean that all spammers or people who do something bad (as in insult others or give them an unjustified rep.) are seen right away.

I should step out before my words are misunderstood. :(

Hack, hack, hack!

12-26-2004 11:23 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I think that we should be able to vote them as spammers to be honest :p... why should we not be able to vote users under 100 posts for constantly spamming, but we can give negative reputation to spammers that are above 100 posts, its just ludacris IMO.

12-27-2004 01:11 AM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: