What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » two reputation things

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
two reputation things
Author: Message:
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: two reputation things
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
firstly - I don't think you should be able to vote on someone who's post count is below 100, the main reason is that if they are not allowed to vote for anyone because they dont have enough posts, we shouldnt be allowed to vote for them.
I don't agree. The reason why users with less than 100 posts can't vote is that they might abuse the system by making useless accounts just for voting. There is no similar reason for stopping users who do have 100+ posts from voting for users with less. I believe the current rule is fair, because you earn the privilege to vote by posting.

quote:
Also it can take a while for people to get used to the way the forum works, so if they start out as a spammer, and get a really low reputation it may scare them off
Or help them to realize and correct their mistakes! I don't think newbies will get negative votes just for being newbies. They have to actually do something stupid that gets them noticed.

quote:
secondly - Since the feedback page looks like the eBay page, then why not have a indicator showing how many votes are positive.
What do you mean? There are already counts of how many votes are positive/neutral/negative...

quote:
Also a chance for members to reply about votes.
In other words, a place dedicated to arguments. I dunno about that... :dodgy:
12-27-2004 05:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

37 / Male / –
quote:
Also a chance for members to reply about votes.

I don't agree, this would be a mess.

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I think there should also be a report for offensive reputation votes aswell, cause some are quite bad..

I agree, and not only ofensive but.. "stupid" or "favor" votes.

quote:
Originally posted by Titty
Sadly I can't return the favor. lol.

Maybe a short text that people had to read before voting, could correct things like this. The reputation system is not about favors.
[Image: leonelgalan.png]
12-27-2004 05:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: two reputation things
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
What do you mean? There are already counts of how many votes are positive/neutral/negative...

ok, i dont know what i was talking about then, but what i actually meant in my mind, was a feedback percentage, like in eBay
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
12-27-2004 08:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by leito.gt
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I think there should also be a report for offensive reputation votes aswell, cause some are quite bad..

I agree, and not only ofensive but.. "stupid" or "favor" votes.
I agree with that, you do need some way of reporting bad reps.
12-27-2004 09:17 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
I think that we should be allowed to vote for the ppl having posts<100 but they should be given a chance to improve cause it may happen that a person mabbe a spammer at first and then change his wayz but some ppl may forget/not see/ignore(I hope not) to change their vote. Most ppl here who can and do vote for most ppl r really active but some are not then atleast they should be told thru that info page to review that vote they give. Can there be a system where by we get a msg after 60/90 dayz or so that we voted for someone and mabbe we should review our vote ??
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
12-28-2004 12:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I don't think that there is any use for the 90 day notification, its just useless, and a waste-of-space IMO. If you genuinely voted for them, then you should remember if it was negative or not, therefore, if you believe that they have changed enough, then you would do so anyway or something....

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

ok, i dont know what i was talking about then, but what i actually meant in my mind, was a feedback percentage, like in eBay

Wouldn't really see the point, this is a Forum, not some crazy little technology site that needs to have really good Reputation systems, I mean, its an amazing system, and it doesn't need any improvements.
12-28-2004 01:47 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
secondly - Since the feedback page looks like the eBay page, then why not have a indicator showing how many votes are positive.
Also a chance for members to reply about votes. For example if someone says "he called me a ____" then the person can reply and say "that was taken out of context" or whatever.
I kind of had the same idea, since I dont like the way it is displayed now either, especially having it displayed the way it is under your post count on all the posts you make. 

Say you have 9 positive votes, and 4 negitive notes, Could it be displayed like this:

Something like that? that way it shows what the user truely has.  I dont know how the neutral votes would work into that, but it seems like a better idea then what we have now.

Note* Got idea from another forum
01-03-2005 10:18 PM
s7a5
Veteran Member

while we are still on topic i was thinkin that it would be a useful feature if we could sort members by their reputation status in the "member list" for more flexibility

This post was edited on 01-08-2005 at 09:34 AM by s7a5.
01-08-2005 09:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by distorted
while we are still on topic i was thinkin that it would be a useful feature if we could sort members by their reputation status in the "member list" for more flexibility

THats a good idea, and maybe do it on stats on the forum index aswell, so that you can see who has the best reputation! (y)

01-08-2005 09:43 AM
surfichris
Former Admin

No, because then it would be used as a system to rate others bad to get higher on the list, a competition to be up there near the top.
01-08-2005 09:57 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: