What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Malware being advertised at this forum

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Malware being advertised at this forum
Author: Message:
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Malware being advertised at this forum
quote:
Originally posted by megamuff
and here?
No, not on the forums. Just on www.msgplus.net and they aren't intrusive.

People just bug about it, cuz it's their favorite sport. 8-)

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

01-06-2005 11:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
elreteipos

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Malware being advertised at this forum
quote:
Originally posted by megamuff
there is ads on the plus web site? and here? huh.. i didnt know that. :P i never see ads anywhere thanks to my collection of diverse ad blocking software..

I use Adblock for Mozilla Firefox. If you see an ad, you right-click on it and click Adblock Image. You can use asterisks so that content from a whole server is blocked. Example: http://ad.doubleclick.net/*. You can download Adblock from http://adblock.mozdev.org.
01-07-2005 08:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by elreteipos
I use Adblock for Mozilla Firefox. If you see an ad, you right-click on it and click Adblock Image. You can use asterisks so that content from a whole server is blocked. Example: http://ad.doubleclick.net/*. You can download Adblock from http://adblock.mozdev.org.
Christ.... why don't you just use your adblocker and stop complaining then.....
01-07-2005 01:22 PM
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
*sigh*, I so much feel like writing to the EU with a request to make an internet-license for people like this...
[Image: theblasp.png]
01-07-2005 06:42 PM
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
All I can say is the Ad's are not intrusive, They dont cause you any harm, and you might as well click them if you arent installing the sponsor program to support patchou!

I know I click!
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
01-07-2005 07:13 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

You two, have you ever installed the sponsor, do you ever click these ad's? I doubt it, you can't really accidentally click them, and if you don't want to then you want, if you want to support patchou then you will, you don't have to install any adware or anything its optional, if you've noticed, most of the stuff that Patchou does usually comes down to YOU! No-one else, so stop complaining, ad's are everywhere, okay, i bet you that the next 2 public software sites you go on will have ads on them? You don't go complaining to every site that you go to do you? I think not, or do you go around constantly, if you're using ad-blocker, then don't complain at all, there is no reason, if you don't want to see the banners, then you don't have to...

Come on, would you say no to some extra cash if you needed it, I severely doubt it, I'm not saying that Patchou needs money, I'm saying that he doesn't get everything for free at all, just making an income to have food... Its logical really...
01-07-2005 07:36 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
You two, have you ever installed the sponsor, do you ever click these ad's? I doubt it, you can't really accidentally click them, and if you don't want to then you want, if you want to support patchou then you will, you don't have to install any adware or anything its optional...
Traxor, this has nothing to do with the optional sponsor that comes with plus, so STOP talking about it....

This post was edited on 01-08-2005 at 05:15 AM by Pr0xY.
01-07-2005 10:56 PM
elreteipos

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Malware being advertised at this forum
quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
quote:
Christ.... why don't you just use your adblocker and stop complaining then.....

I complained because I saw it on a website. I don't have problems with it but I don't want others to get problems with it...
01-08-2005 08:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
You two, have you ever installed the sponsor, do you ever click these ad's? I doubt it, you can't really accidentally click them, and if you don't want to then you want, if you want to support patchou then you will, you don't have to install any adware or anything its optional...
Traxor, this has nothing to do with the optional sponsor that comes with plus, so STOP talking about it....

I spoke about it once, and in the way that I was speaking was generally relevant, I was giving an example to why, and where i said 'you don't have to install any adware' i was referring to the banners... not the sponsor software, I spoke about that once.

quote:
I complained because I saw it on a website. I don't have problems with it but I don't want others to get problems with it...

why would others have problems with the banners, most of us are sensible people and realise that these banners are just for some cash, and if they click these banners then its on their own accord, is it not? You're the first person to ever post a thread like this as far as I know, i'm sure that we won't have any trouble, they're just banners, they aren't causing harm to anyone, they're on most sites.
01-08-2005 09:14 AM
Sam Spade

<Insert inspirational comment here>

58 / – / –
RE: RE: Malware being advertised at this forum
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Sam Spade, let's make something very clear: I didn't remove the ads because of this thread, I removed them because of Smiley Central being incompatible with Plus! at some levels. What was said at the beginning of this thread still stands: most sites use the same sources for advertisement and they all advertise for the same stuff: emoticons, screensavers, etc... if you're not happy about it, I suggest you stop using the internet.

I see that your new advertisements are live - very Google'ish.  The very first advertisement I saw was for www.smileycentral.com (paired with www.briefcase.com).
01-12-2005 01:48 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: