What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion: Log "user is typing a message"-event

Suggestion: Log "user is typing a message"-event
Author: Message:
haakoneide

O.P. Suggestion: Log "user is typing a message"-event
It is much easier to see/document a complex social situation if you log this event (the only thing that makes the original messenger worth using). It could be optional to log it.

I also would like the time in the logs to be more precise. Like having 10ths of a second too. Then I could make a replay-program to replay the "typing a message"-event and the users writing to each other :D
01-08-2005 08:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Suggestion: Log "user is typing a message"-event
I can see your point of logging this, but really would that many people use it?...Also sometimes people look like they're typing something when they are in fact using a Messenger Plus! command...So it wouldn't really reflect the social situation, if they type a message and then decide not to, is it really a big deal to log it?
quote:
Originally posted by haakoneide
I also would like the time in the logs to be more precise. Like having 10ths of a second too
An option to do this would be ok I guess, but again it would only be the minority who would use it...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
01-08-2005 08:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: