What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » SMS.. a solution plz?

SMS.. a solution plz?
Author: Message:
Arobas

O.P. SMS.. a solution plz?
sorry for my bad english :P i came here to see a solution for sending an alert to my cell phone using msn mobile. I read a lot of posts about this subject and the main problem was : "we need something, a program to send sms"...

Welll NOOOOOOO... you know why? to send a sms to yourself (supposing that you are registred to msn mobile).. you only have to add yourself to your contact list. Now, if you want to send a message to your cellphone, you only need to open a windows conversation with you, and every messages sent, will be sent to your cellphone! :) no need third-party or shit like that..

Now.. for the programmation part, it's another thing, im not a programmer but i know the base.. im probably sure that it's possible to do something with that..

Programmers.. talk! :)

Is it possible?

Thanx!

This post was edited on 12-29-2004 at 07:53 PM by Arobas.
12-29-2004 07:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
xpirdwingz

I will still reach u, wherever u r

36 / Female / –
RE: SMS.. a solution plz?
I have msn mobile too! I don't know anything about programming though, sorry. My cellphone isn't on contract so I get charged 20p for each alert I get. For me, you don't have to just open up a conversation window with yourself, you can just send an email (although, I guess it would be kind of slower).

~Happy New Year's Eve~
Now I need a new sig... :/
12-31-2004 09:31 PM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
Erm...I doubt a solution will be available for this because programming for mobile phones is really hard.
01-01-2005 12:01 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
What Arobas means is:

When you have you mobile phone number published in Messenger trough MSN Mobile. To do this, go to: Tools > Options > Phone > click "Mobile Settings".  There you will need to sign in with your MSN account and fill in your mobile phone number. Once you have that done, be sure "Allow people on my contact list to send messages..." is checked in your options too. After that, add your own emailadress to your contactlist.

Now, whenever you doubleclick your own name in your contactlist a window will open, but instead of a chat window this is a Mobile Device window. Every message you type there will be send as a SMS to your mobile phone.

So there isn't any mobile phone programming involed. I think Arobas has a good point, and it could be usefull for certain things too. Guess it shouldn't be that hard to program such a thing. However, a limitation is that you can send SMS to yourself when you are on "appear offline" status.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-01-2005 03:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
TechkNighT

– / Male / –
Grin  RE: SMS.. a solution plz?
(Y)(Y)  This will be "The Coolest Option" !!!!!  (Y)(Y)(Y)
01-09-2005 06:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
won't this cost?
01-09-2005 11:10 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
won't this cost?
Yes it does, you have to pay per recieved SMS. The money will be taken from your mobile phone accouny/prepaid card. The price per SMS depends on your country and network.

You can loopup your own prices by visiting http://mobile.msn.com . Login there, set your own country and network and lookup the prices.

I still think it's a nice feature, but it would be nice if you can set a limit to how many messages you can recieve per day or something.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-09-2005 01:33 PM
Stephan123

i think it is not a good idea,you can SMS of your own phone right?
01-09-2005 01:58 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
This solution will send SMS messages only to your own phone. It's something you can use to send important messages to your own mobile phone, when you are away from your PC but still signed in with Messenger.

In other cases this solution will indeed not be helpfull.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-09-2005 02:14 PM
TechkNighT

– / Male / –
Many phone companies has web sms for free from their sites... but i wouldlike to use an email to my phone in the format mynumber@myphonecompany.com.br with the user that has signed in as the subject or the main message. it's just to warn if someone i reakky want to see has entered in MSN... then... i return to my desktop or enter in msn from another computer.

I think some plugin maker, or Patchou himself ;) could find this easy to make, just like a specific sound for online, an email sent with that contact in subject or msg.
01-09-2005 06:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: