What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Buddy Icon? WTF, annoying

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Buddy Icon? WTF, annoying
Author: Message:
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
RE: Buddy Icon? WTF, annoying
quote:
Originally posted by lp15
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
isnt there like a registry thing or something like that you code edit or delete so it doenst 'fiddle' with msn messenger

logicly there should.. i dunt even know why they do this i mean i love the product.. befire internet explorer 7 with pop up blocker came in used the pop-up thingy and after that i still usedd the emocotions and the mouse icons.. but my friends always get mad at the msg and i dont rlly like either that so..
Internet Explorer 7??? :O!!! Wow!!! Well done mate!!! :D.. :P...
My web seach is so full of shit!!! Properly the worst and most annoying piece of crappy software ever written!!!... Including Smiley Central, Fun buddy Icon, etc... F**k adware/spyware that behave this way as they do!...

To may73alliance:
I would advise you to tell all your friends that "sends" these messages to you, that they they check their "Add or remove Programs" for any programs that has to do with this Fun Buddy Icon, Cursor Mania, Smiley Central, Popular Screensavers, My Web Seach, Search Assistant, or anything simliar.. And then after that run a Adware scan either using Adware, Spybot Search and Destroy or Spysweeper!... Because if they installed this program their computer is FULL of loads of these crappy software!...
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
isnt there like a registry thing or something like that you code edit or delete so it doenst 'fiddle' with msn messenger
You would expect this normally yes, but in this case, don't count on it... You will most likely be able to find the registry key in the Run section, but if you delete this, then program will most likely make sure to create this key again... Most programs like this tend to do this, to make sure you have a lesser chance of messing with them... But I can not tell you for certain because I haven't tried Fun Buddy Icon...
04-01-2005 11:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
Internet Explorer 7??? !!! Wow!!! Well done mate!!!

Wait was this sarcastic..?

EDIT : Ok.. I meant 6 version.. :$sorry about that.. dunno why I ssaid 7..

This post was edited on 04-01-2005 at 11:42 PM by albert.
04-01-2005 11:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
quote:

Lol.. Ok... :D... It's ok mate.. :D:P
04-02-2005 12:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lol.. Ok... :D... It's ok mate.. :D:P

:P :( still feeling bad about that lol :( I dunno why but in my head it's 7.. maybe cuz of Netscape 7.. dunno... *-)
04-02-2005 01:29 AM
tool++

I'msofat.

35 / Male / –
* tool++ wants to burn people who have smileycentral, along with the makers of smileycentral.

Oh, a girl I knew had this crap on her system, and then I was telling her about it and she was like "OMFG MSG+ is spyware". And I'm like "No..." and she's like "WTF MY DAD'S MATE IS N INTERWEB ENGENEER" so I give up.

There's just some people that wont be helped...and for the, there's no hope.

I basically need to make a big long page that goes through putting on all the "Good" apps (Firefox, MSG+, Winamp, NN-Script, Peerguardian...etc.etc.etc) in the most easy to use manner...but that'd take years :(

edit: Cool forum :) - the /me thing's pretty cool ;)

This post was edited on 04-03-2005 at 12:48 PM by tool++.
04-03-2005 12:46 PM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
is this realy in the right forums :S>???
04-03-2005 01:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Fun Buddy Icon Removal Instructions

What is it?

Funny buddy icon is an add on for internet explorer that’s allows you to add multiple features to your instant messenger. In this case msn. Fun buddy icons are part of the company that also make smiley central as well as cursor mania.

[Image: funbuddy5vy.jpg]

Fun buddy icons do slow down your computer, and collect personal information using tracking cookies and is generally annoying. You can remove it simply by going to add or remove programs in the control panel. Then follow these simple steps:

1.) Find my web search (fun buddy icons) and click change/remove.
2.) Find any other related my web search products and do the same.
3.) Reboot your computer and run any anti adware/spyware scan e.g. lavasoft ad-ware
4.) Delete these folders in your program files:
•    FunWebProducts
•    MyWebsearch
04-03-2005 07:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
*~*PaNiC qUeEn*~*

there has2b conciquences2our actions

33 / Female / –
I kept reciving and sending out the buddy icon thing to.....the only way that worked for me was was removing "buddy icon" from my computer...so if you did download it remove it,its no good! cuz if ur reciveing it n u did d/l it then u r sending it out to other ppl as well....and if u didnt d/l it tell the ppl that r sending it to u to go and remove it from u system as soon as possible..it can also give you alot of spam as well :S
You Are Mine, You Will Always Be Mine, I Can Tear You Apart, I Can Recombbine You, All I Want Is To Covert You All, You Belong To Me, I Will Kill You To Love You, LOVE.
04-03-2005 09:09 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: