What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » UFO sightings in Asia before Tsunami!

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
UFO sightings in Asia before Tsunami!
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: UFO sightings in Asia before Tsunami!
All planets, like all 9? Wow, that would be something like 1 in every 98719817 billion years or so... However, sometimes some planets do lign up (a few years ago there was such a line up of some objects I thought, earth moon mars or something) And yes they cause some extra gravity and thus high tides become extra high tides (or whatever it is called in English) and chances that vulcano's errupt are bigger, etc...

But don't take it too far though, even without ligning up of planets, natural disasters can occur (look at the Tsunami). Furthermore, it harsh, but there is not much special about what happened in southeast Asia. Continental plates move and collide all the time. It was only unfortunatly that the recent collision was a heavy one and in the middle of the sea causing the tsunami. (btw, the damage and loss would have been much much greater if that happened on land) and unfortunatly those area's are heavely populated and above all somewhat poor
(otherwise there would have been a warning system; because for such events, like tsunamis, there are very good and very reliable systems*)

* As a matter of fact, now (unfortunatly after the events) they are going to implement such a warning system, developped and teached by Belgium people btw.

This post was edited on 01-14-2005 at 02:43 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-14-2005 02:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Edna Mode

– / Other / –
i just hope people realise that the tsunami was caused by a huge shifting of the earths plates and not some thing caused by planets or aliens:dodgy:
[Image: Edna%20Mode.png ]
01-14-2005 02:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Violet
i just hope people realise that the tsunami was caused by a huge shifting of the earths plates and not some thing caused by planets or aliens

Yep as cookie said the Tsunami is to do with basic plate-techtonics everyone over 11 should know. :P

This post was edited on 01-14-2005 at 10:42 PM by _Humphreys.
AC3
01-14-2005 04:09 PM
Ash_

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: UFO sightings in Asia before Tsunami!
quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
quote:
Originally posted by Violet
i just hope people realise that the tsunami was caused by a huge shifting of the earths plates and not some thing caused by planets or aliens

Yep as cookie said the Tsunami is to do with basic plate-techtonics everyone over 11 should know. :P.

i wonder when people started thinking the aliens caused this Natural Disaster. ^o)
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
01-14-2005 10:39 PM
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
However, sometimes some planets do lign up (a few years ago there was such a line up of some objects I thought, earth moon mars or something) And yes they cause some extra gravity and thus high tides become extra high tides (or whatever it is called in English) and chances that vulcano's errupt are bigger, etc...
I'm afraid that you are wrong, CookieRevised.

Moon has twice as much tidal force that Sun has, and, Venus, the first planet that contributes the biggest tidal force on Earth after Sun, only contributes 0.01% of Sun's tidal force on ocean tides.
If all 9 planets were to align perfectly, it only adds 0.04 mm on the ocean tides.
So, the contribution of planet are negligible.

If Sun and moon have greater tidal forces than other planets have, why don't people worry when there is an lunar or solar ecllipse?
As I said before, planetary alignment is just one of natural phenomena.
The only reason that makes it special is its rarity.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
* As a matter of fact, now (unfortunatly after the events) they are going to implement such a warning system, developped and teached by Belgium people btw.
Yeah, people only learn from mistakes.

People, the cause of the last earthquake was the plate shifting.
Actually, it was already predicted by some scientist at University of California - Davis in as early as 2000.
They (the researchers) used computer models of past quakes and said there would be an earthquake with a magnitude 7 or grater in a 10-year period ending in 2010.

So, stop thinking the quake was caused by planetary alignment and aliens.

This post was edited on 01-15-2005 at 12:48 AM by Weyzza.
Registered 7658 days, 12 hours, 51 minutes, 23 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

01-15-2005 12:42 AM
user2319
Disabled Account

everything is relative... The alignment of planets is only like we see it.. it doesn't have any sort of meaning, only in fairy-tales and fiction-based religions
01-15-2005 07:29 PM
crank

Failed to come back here :(

34 / Male / Flag
pff didn't read the whole thread but just a stupid little contribution by me:
About those UFO's, i think they don't attack us because they might be afraid. humans are stupid enough to make atom bombs so the aliens must think we're stupid enough to use atom bombs on them while they don't want any war or something.
It's either that or they are affraid of G.W. Bush ;)

OMG what the f*ck am i saying :p
I haven't been active here in ages.
If you're wondering who i am, read my reputations. I used to make plugins, skins and spam the IRC channels here back in the good old days before Windows Live.
01-15-2005 08:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: