What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » pc won't start

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
pc won't start
Author: Message:
spokes

I <3 Rollerblading

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: pc won't start
yea i tried it in my brothers room and my room still nope. im takin it to a pc shop later. i think the power units gone

EDIT : i opened the power thing yesterday to try and see whats rong and i seen like a black burn mark, so i think this is whats rong (yes the pc was unplugged at this time cos i hav common sense :D)

This post was edited on 01-16-2005 at 09:49 AM by spokes.

[Image: sig15ws.png]
01-16-2005 09:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DXtremz
Elite Member

DeeEcks

38 / Male / Flag
RE: pc won't start
Wow, that's some awesome advice blade ^o). Anyway, Can you give in detail what the sound that it is making is like? And where exactly is the sound coming from? Do you smell any sort of burning? If the light on the PSU goes on and then goes off after a short period of time, then there is a very odd power draw on it. You can try replacing the PSU, but it could be something wrong with the motherboard itself. Obviously start by just replacing the PSU. Take it to a shop if you aren't comfortable doing that yourself.
01-16-2005 09:11 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: pc won't start
:|

I take offense to that, Matty and DXtremz.

It's possible for it to be the outlet and I've seen it before. If the outlet or the surge protector is screwed up, this can happen. I had a perfectly good PC that was making a strange noise and didn't want to start properly when I plugged it into an old power bar. I plugged it in somewhere else and it was fine - the power bar wasn't delevering the right voltage (and the PC was the only thing plugged into it).

What I meant was - plug it into another outlet, turn it on, if it does the same then unplug it and you'll know it IS the PC.'

If you have a problem with my advice then you can damn well PM me instead of making me feel like a fucking retard in public :notfunny:.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
01-17-2005 03:55 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: