What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Disable automatic install for Hardware

Disable automatic install for Hardware
Author: Message:
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

38 / Male / –
O.P. Disable automatic install for Hardware
Hi all, I'm trying to install a Bluetooth USB adapter. The manual says I have to plug the adapter, and "Install,from a list or specific location (Advance)", but I can't get there, because Windows install its automatically from the Windows Database.

I try to go to the device manager and update the drivers but 4 different devices were installed and a updated will not work.

I think I need to disable automatic installation of hardware in XP. Do you know how to do it?
[Image: leonelgalan.png]
01-17-2005 05:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Disable automatic install for Hardware
Before you go disabling automatic installation, check to see if it works. If it does, then Windows already has the correct drivers.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
01-17-2005 11:04 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sam Spade

<Insert inspirational comment here>

58 / – / –
RE: Disable automatic install for Hardware
quote:
Originally posted by leito
Hi all, I'm trying to install a Bluetooth USB adapter. The manual says I have to plug the adapter, and "Install,from a list or specific location (Advance)", but I can't get there, because Windows install its automatically from the Windows Database.

I try to go to the device manager and update the drivers but 4 different devices were installed and a updated will not work.

I think I need to disable automatic installation of hardware in XP. Do you know how to do it?

You can temporarily stop UPNP (universal plug n play) - a service accessible via control panel, administrative tools, services. That will prevent XP from installing the software automatically.
01-17-2005 02:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: