What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » date

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
date
Author: Message:
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: date
id just like to say that megamuff was extremely rude. people here are only trying to help. and being sarcastic and putting fings like '(annoyed expression)
okay. windows does not show the ....' just dont help. its not him showing anything off, my computer does exactely the same when all i do is widen the taskbar.

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
01-20-2005 11:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Megamuff: rightclick the taskbar and uncheck "lock taskbar" (second option from below). After that grab the top of the taskbar and move it upwards till it displays all you want concerning date and time. Rightclick the taskbar once more and check "lock taskbar" so it'll stay as you set it.

I think it looks ugly that wide though, so i stick with just the time. Date etc. will be displayed anyway when you rest the mousepointer on sysclock.

Edit: i reread the thread and im not sure what the problem is..
if it doesn't show the day in letters etc. you can change that by going to start > controlpanel > Date/Time/Language and countrysettings > countrysettings..check if the setting is correct (long date notation), if not click the "adjust (or customize..i have dutch version so im translating)" button and go to date (tab)..set it as you'd like it to be there.

This post was edited on 01-21-2005 at 12:12 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-20-2005 11:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
megamuff I may be misunderstanding what you mean but do you mean your PC isn't keeping track of the dates properly? So if its supposed to be Wednesday it shows a totally different day like Saturday? If so it might be some sort of App changing the day or the CMOS battery in your PC not keeping the date correctly. You can actually load into the BIOS and see what it thinks the date is.
01-20-2005 11:47 PM
segosa
Community's Choice

I think he says the tooltip doesn't appear...

1280 by 1024 resolution is plenty of room for that little tiny tooltip to pop up with one extra word in it, i would think
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
01-21-2005 06:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
megamuff

36 / – / –
O.P. RE: date
ok i figured it out... it wont show the day ("Friday" for example) unless the location is set to united states.

and, if this screenshot doesnt stop you people from lying about the date actually appearing IN the system tray outside of a tooltip, then i dont know what will.

http://phantom.no-ip.biz/images/ss/ss09.bmp
excuse the format, i dont feel like converting it right now.
01-21-2005 02:09 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
why is everyone lying? my computer isnt set to united states and i can see the day in the taskbar. all of the replies are from very credible, computer literate people, why would they bovar lying about where the date appears!

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
01-21-2005 02:17 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by megamuff
and, if this screenshot doesnt stop you people from lying about the date actually appearing IN the system tray outside of a tooltip, then i dont know what will.

Nobody was lying here, you can have it shown in systray if you widen it (ugly, but possible) and have the countrysettings correct.
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
if it doesn't show the day in letters etc. you can change that by going to start > controlpanel > Date/Time/Language and countrysettings > countrysettings..check if the setting is correct (long date notation), if not click the "adjust (or customize..i have dutch version so im translating)" button and go to date (tab)..set it as you'd like it to be there.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=365800]

.bmp File Attachment: date.bmp (37.21 KB)
This file has been downloaded 235 time(s).

This post was edited on 01-21-2005 at 02:27 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-21-2005 02:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Like said before, nobody is/was lying and nobody was rude. We are all trying to help you. And as you provide a vague discription of what you actually meant/wanted we could only guess to the most likely thing you meant.

To change what is shown in the tooltip you must do as Sunshine told you. Furthermore, this has nothing to do with using another shell or which country  you've set. The layout of the tooltip has some default settings per country, but you can easly change this. (And that is probably what happend with your settings)
  • Go to your config panel in Windows
  • Click on Countrysettings (the thing with the globe as icon)
  • 1) Go to the Countrysettings-tab (most likely this would be the very first tab you'll see)
  • 2) Click on Customize near the dropdownbox of the country
  • 3) In the new window that will appear click on Date (mostlikely the 4th tab)
  • 4) On the bottom of that tab you'll see something like long date settings. Here select, or change, the format that you like.
Note that these settings are also used in other parts of Windows.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=365837]
click to enlarge

.png File Attachment: systemclocktooltip.png (19.09 KB)
This file has been downloaded 193 time(s).

This post was edited on 01-21-2005 at 03:54 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-21-2005 03:31 PM
megamuff

36 / – / –
O.P. RE: date
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Like said before, nobody is/was lying and nobody was rude. We are all trying to help you. And as you provide a vague discription of what you actually meant/wanted we could only guess to the most likely thing you meant.

To change what is shown in the tooltip you must do as Sunshine told you. Furthermore, this has nothing to do with using another shell or which country  you've set. The layout of the tooltip has some default settings per country, but you can easly change this. (And that is probably what happend with your settings)
  • Go to your config panel in Windows
  • Click on Countrysettings (the thing with the globe as icon)
  • 1) Go to the Countrysettings-tab (most likely this would be the very first tab you'll see)
  • 2) Click on Customize near the dropdownbox of the country
  • 3) In the new window that will appear click on Date (mostlikely the 4th tab)
  • 4) On the bottom of that tab you'll see something like long date settings. Here select, or change, the format that you like.
Note that these settings are also used in other parts of Windows.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=365837]
click to enlarge

you forget that i use windows 2000, so your instructions are completely futile as the operating systems are way too far apart. the only icon in my control panel that is a globe is regional settings, and it has NONE of the things you described.
01-21-2005 04:19 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
you forget that i use windows 2000, so your instructions are completely futile as the operating systems are way too far apart.
The steps are almost exactly the same and not hard to work out.

quote:
the only icon in my control panel that is a globe is regional settings, and it has NONE of the things you described.
That is EXACTLY what we are talking about...

But, if you don't want to be helped, fine...

This post was edited on 01-21-2005 at 04:59 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-21-2005 04:35 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: