What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Is this how the future of console gamming looks like ??

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Poll: X-Box 2 Or Ps 3; Which should i buy ??
X-Box 2
Play Station 3
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Is this how the future of console gamming looks like ??
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Is this how the future of console gamming looks like ??
quote:
Poll: X-Box 2 Or Ps 3; Which should i buy ??
It makes no sense to already decide which console to buy at this time. On what do you base your decision?

Not much is know about both consoles yet. About 80% of the news your hear about them are rumors, probally 70% of those will turn out not to be true in the end. The photo's you see on the net are all fake.  Some of them may be concept art (highly doubtfull though), but even then that doesn't mean it will look like that at the end.

I never care about "which console is better" and don't even care a lot about how the console looks. I recommend you to wait until both consoles are out and then play on both (not just once) before you buy anything. Also look which games are comming out for which console. In the end eveything that really counts is gemplay and fun... not how the console look or if the CPU is a bit faster then the other console.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-20-2005 07:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

But come on, surely you can buy consoles for the specific games that aren't on the pc, there are many great games that you can't purchase for your computer, and without a great console (xbox :p) you can't buy them/play them can you?! I would have both :p...

John Anderton:

They're all concepts, and the probability is, that they won't look anything like any of these at all :p... Although I'm sure that the design will be more modern that the previous models of those consoles...

I trully can't believe that you have never seen a psx, psone or a ps2 (psx and psone are the same, just different models)... If you have never seen one of google or anything then thats just insane, I really can't believe you!!!

I think that they are actually releasing it before we all think, but thats what I just heard, I don't know whether its true or not though. With the current specifications of the xbox 2, it will pwn the ps3 straight away, the specs are almost twice that of the ps3 :p... I'm sure that they'll have no trouble at all on selling the xenon... I heard that they are releasing two aswell... its the specifications that they're having, they're having the 'pimped out' and the 'not-so pimped-out' :p... By the way, that 'xbox 2' picture you have is a xbox:p...

Abz, nice concepts, where did you get them from? I like the one on the right, its much nicer :p... the other one looks like someone has got a chainsaw and hacked parts of the xbox away then spraypainted it silver...

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
It makes no sense to already decide which console to buy at this time. On what do you base your decision?

Not much is know about both consoles yet. About 80% of the news your hear about them are rumors, probally 70% of those will turn out not to be true in the end. The photo's you see on the net are all fake.  Some of them may be concept art (highly doubtfull though), but even then that doesn't mean it will look like that at the end.

I never care about "which console is better" and don't even care a lot about how the console looks. I recommend you to wait until both consoles are out and then play on both (not just once) before you buy anything. Also look which games are comming out for which console. In the end eveything that really counts is gemplay and fun... not how the console look or if the CPU is a bit faster then the other console.

I can't see why it makes no sence to decide, I base my desicion in information that I have read from magazines, microsoft and sony have released the specifications to certain companies, I read it in 'Focus'...

Its true that not much is known about the rumours. A lot of it is definitely rumours... hardly anything will be true... everything you're saying I agree with pretty much...

Why don't you care about 'what console is better'... I like to have a nice looking console... I like to have a console with nice specs, and especially a console with a hardrive, this is where the xenon comes in ;)... Why would you wait and play on either one, if people just did that, then it would be ludacris, take your pick, and buy it, the one with the better specs will generally be better in the long run, think about it... this is why the games for the consoles have began to decline, they simply can't handle such graphics and stuff... so they've had to tone-down all of the stuff that was good... if you have a console with better specs, then games with better graphics will be coming out for a while, and the graphics will keep getting better... I'm sure that most games will come out on both, so it won't really matter in the end about the games, its all down to the sheer power of such machines... :p

This post was edited on 01-20-2005 at 07:15 PM by user27089.
01-20-2005 07:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Twan

No Inspiration

37 / Male / Flag
I will vote for the Revolution :) (gc2)
Back Again.
01-20-2005 07:37 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Twan
I will vote for the Revolution :) (gc2)

That's not what it's called :dodgy:.

The official names for the next gen consoles (not rumors) are, to date:

Microsoft Xenon
Sony Playstation 3
Nintendo N5
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
01-20-2005 09:26 PM
Twan

No Inspiration

37 / Male / Flag
owh sorry..  I did read in a magazine it would be called  "revolution"  or something like that :P  but i guess I'm behind :)
Back Again.
01-21-2005 06:13 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Is this how the future of console gamming looks like ??
Ok i want to know on the basis of whatever u fell which is better to buy. You can get an idea according to the current versions rite. I dunno cause i've never used em so i'd like to know. Also i said that those were speculative images didnt i ?? If not i think i 4got. But i think the symbol for ps 3 is correct.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
01-21-2005 06:21 AM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Ok i want to know on the basis of whatever u fell which is better to buy. You can get an idea according to the current versions rite. I dunno cause i've never used em so i'd like to know. Also i said that those were speculative images didnt i ?? If not i think i 4got. But i think the symbol for ps 3 is correct.

Actually, I'm basing it off the future that I want a Xenon (until the hard copies of what the consoles will be is released). The Xenon is supposed to have 2 G5-like processors, a HDD again, and something like TeVo built right in.  Plus, of course, I want Halo 3 :refuck: :P.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
01-21-2005 02:19 PM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
i heard that Xenon wont have backwards compatibility tho

not that i care coz i will be getting a PS3:P
01-21-2005 02:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
xenon will still have the xbox live, get that :grin:
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
01-21-2005 02:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Is this how the future of console gamming looks like ??
Wait by xenon u mean xbox 2 :S
Is that its new name :S
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
01-21-2005 06:46 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode