What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Really bad spyware/Virus

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Really bad spyware/Virus
Author: Message:
toddiot

know the name.

32 / Male / –
RE: Really bad spyware/Virus
oh man, not the naked frog :O.

use spybot search and destroy - it always works for me. It often catches stuff ad-aware doesn't in my experience

This post was edited on 10-25-2005 at 08:25 PM by toddiot.
[Image: toddiot.png]
Send me a message
10-25-2005 08:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ray18

Rock's dead long live Paper&scissors

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Really bad spyware/Virus
Thanks for all the advise i've tried all those but still no luck  but i actually think now that it might of been in something i've installed is that possible? and if it is wouldn't spybot or ad-aware pick it up??

--RaY--

EDIT: anybody have any ideas cos i cant even have a convo in msn or view any webpages just typing this it goes to another rubbish site over and over and its getting really really annoying AHHHH

This post was edited on 10-26-2005 at 07:17 AM by ray18.
10-26-2005 05:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ray18
Thanks for all the advise i've tried all those but still no luck  but i actually think now that it might of been in something i've installed is that possible?
Indeed, and that must have been the first place to look to get rid of this, instead of all these anti-something suggestions...

Go to add/remove programs in your control panel in Windows. And look for anything out of the ordinary. Or items like "blahblah search" or the likes. If found uninstall it.

Only then, use programs as S&D, ad-aware, etc... etc...

@helpers in this thread: we constantly say to people that to remove the sponsor from Plus! you need to do what is logically: uninstall by going to add/remove programs instead of forcefully removing it with programs which aren't designed to remove this the proper way. So why should this be different for any other program? You can't expect people to get used to add/remove programs and do the proper stuff if people keep suggesting to use programs as S&D and ad-aware strait away. It doesn't make sense...

quote:
Originally posted by ray18
and if it is wouldn't spybot or ad-aware pick it up??
Not always. Or not always completely. It highly depends on what it is. Programs like S&D and ad-aware _could_ indicate there is something wrong and _could_ give some clues where the problem is though...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-26-2005 10:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
mayby go on to microsoft.com and get this tool which gets rid of viruese for free the really bad ones that normal anti viruese cant get rid of
10-26-2005 10:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: