What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Messenger Discovery SUCKS

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Messenger Discovery SUCKS
Author: Message:
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
O.P. Messenger Discovery SUCKS
I dont know if anyone else has noticed that after they installed this shitty program they had

55 spyware objects (7 cant be removed)
186 ad aware entries

Before this i had none.
This program is a load of shit and i deleted it, messaged thier forum and now im complaining here cause its so fucking shit and id just like to congradulate patchou on making sure his program is so good and actually asks if you want to install the sponsor and dosnt put crap on your computer..

Anyways, Anyone who has this program and is reading this u should get rid of it, Anyone who dosnt, Stay away from it.
01-22-2005 03:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: Messenger Discovery SUCKS
by installing something like that, read the install Notes profided after  you had downloaded it,  its your own fault that you didnt read any an  installed it , .

quote:
Originally posted by Scone

Anyways, Anyone who has this program and is reading this u should get rid of it, Anyone who dosnt, Stay away from it

Plenty people use it, i myself dont, im Happy with MsgPlus,  does everything i need, but scaring people into saying  "stay away from it" is just stupid
01-22-2005 03:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Flames

34 / Male / –
well at least this program still do it's job...
what's the adware entries you found?
[Image: flames.png]

[Image: ucb.gif]
01-22-2005 04:13 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
an what Ad-aware Program did you use?.. Not Microsofts Beta ? 
01-22-2005 04:45 AM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Hello there,

This might be a long post, so here are my apologies in advance. Where to begin... Well, I am EvilSeph, CEO of the MessengerDiscovery company, so naturally, I am here responding to your complaints. Though MessengerDiscovery's sponsor does install many adware components, let me help you get the facts straight.

MessengerDiscovery:

- Does NOT force you to install the sponsor. It is entirely optional and much like the Messenger Plus! sponsor, you are liable, responsible and at fault for failing to properly follow the installer's instructions; you can't read.

- MessengerDiscovery is not "shitty". If you wish to provide criticism, do it on our forums and do so constructively. Flaming will not be allowed (which is what you are doing here). It does what it says it does and does it well. I don't see why this concerns any of the users here at the Messenger Plus! official forums, obviously you'll either get a response along the lines of "I don't use MessengerDiscovery, I use Plus!", "MessengerDiscovery sucks! Stop using it, use Plus! instead!" and you will probably be given incorrect information and biased support.

Before you go on and say the support I provide is biased, know that if anyone "disses" Messenger Plus!, StuffPlug-NG (2), Messenger Discovery and other programs/projects etc., I will be there defending it to the end, as I'm doing here. I am a regular and experienced user with both Messenger Plus! and Messenger Discovery, and I use both (well, use to with MSN Messenger 6.2, but I can't use Messenger Discovery now because it is incompatible with MSN Messenger 7) and I really support both. So no, I'm not biased. And as I am experienced with MSN Messenger, Messenger Plus! and Messenger Discovery + deal with users that ask for support daily, on forums, on IRC etc. my support is almost always correct. Specially because I never give support unless I know it's right.

- ecko_complex, like Patchou, has no other source of income except the development of MessengerDiscovery through its sponsor. If you can come up with a better alternative than to include a COMPLETELY OPTIONAL sponsor, then bring it up on our forums and we'll continue that discussion there.

- This Messenger Plus! vs. MessengerDiscovery lameness has got to end. MessengerDiscovery has been made to work with Messenger Plus!, infact, it is highly recommended that you use both, rather than just one.

Please read the following for more information as well as removal instructions: http://forums.msgdiscovery.com/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=188 and don't troll our forums again, or you will be banned.

Please stop attempting to tarnish the reputation of a great application. You try developing a program full-time without any source of revenue - sooner or later, you'll have to either charge for the program or include a sponsor of some sort. And now that you finally know the facts, you can begin to argue.

For the benefit of the users here, here is a link to the "message" he put on our forums: http://forums.msgdiscovery.com/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=463

Thank you for taking the time to read this, the feelings you show on our forums is mutual.

Regards,
EvilSeph

This post was edited on 01-22-2005 at 05:00 AM by EvilSeph.
01-22-2005 04:58 AM
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Messenger Discovery SUCKS
There was no option.

I cant list them, i delted them allready.

Ad-Aware SE

Im generally calm and dont flame anything, But your program pissed me off. And im not trying to start a Plus vs Discovery thing, so i dont know what your on about.
01-22-2005 02:52 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
he's saying in the Installation Notes, you should of read, Not during the Install like Plus does, there should be a Readme.txt file with the download that you should of read
01-22-2005 03:04 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I'm afraid that this is one of those times when I have to back up the fact that ES is most of the time right, and right this time I have a screenshot:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=366390]

.jpg File Attachment: sponsor.jpg (197.46 KB)
This file has been downloaded 705 time(s).
01-22-2005 03:07 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
ur a legend trax, , now dont ya feel stupid Scone?.. think Evil deserves an Apology
01-22-2005 03:11 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

Yeah scone, after seeing this, I think there should be at least an apology, then again, people don't apologise to patchou, so it would be a bit dodgy to do so... either way, i pwned you...

I doubt the ecko_complex would have put unoptional crap on it anyway... its just dimwitted and would ruin the name of a great piece of software...
01-22-2005 03:24 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: