What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » wrist bands

Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
wrist bands
Author: Message:
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
RE: wrist bands
this fad just came to my school.. ANd i live in israel.. Lol Wierd
03-09-2005 07:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by DureX

'Fads' don't generally just come from one area, to be honest, they usually spread like wild-fire throughout the whole world, think about it, if it started in Britain, there are like 12mil people in Britain, a load of them go on holiday, the majority follow the trends, they go to different countries, people over there see what they where, find it cool or whatever, so they find out where they get their clothing from etc. Works the same way afaik :p.
03-09-2005 07:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by ajd
Yeah, each person had about 10,000 black rubbery ones ages ago but now everyone just wears loads of different ones.
There called Sex Bracelets. There are a bunch of different colors with different meanings... :p Check it out....

EDIT: Heres an article from CNN.com about them

This post was edited on 03-09-2005 at 07:20 PM by Pr0xY.
03-09-2005 07:18 PM
spokes

I <3 Rollerblading

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:

'Fads' don't generally just come from one area, to be honest, they usually spread like wild-fire throughout the whole world, think about it, if it started in Britain, there are like 12mil people in Britain, a load of them go on holiday, the majority follow the trends, they go to different countries, people over there see what they where, find it cool or whatever, so they find out where they get their clothing from etc. Works the same way afaik :p.

56mil i thought?, and they wrist bands out now started in america didn't they?

[Image: sig15ws.png]
03-09-2005 07:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
wacky

Chromo :wink:

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
quote:
Originally posted by ajd
Yeah, each person had about 10,000 black rubbery ones ages ago but now everyone just wears loads of different ones.
There called Sex Bracelets. There are a bunch of different colors with different meanings... :p Check it out....

EDIT: Heres an article from CNN.com about them
yeh... there was a time when everyone had some :-/ so annoying tbh. I have some myself.. had them for ages though. I cant be bothered putting them on all the time so I dont bother at all anymore. Some assholes broke em saying "you owe me sex.." like yeah right.. then you'd have other guys saying "are we gonna have sex if I break one?" of course I say no... people dont bother about them anymore.

Those wrist bands arent very popular at my school.. not yet but i'm sure it'll happen..

This post was edited on 03-09-2005 at 08:25 PM by wacky.
03-09-2005 08:23 PM
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by spokes
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:

56mil i thought?, and they wrist bands out now started in america didn't they?
I thought the original was the radio 1 bullying band.  And it's more like 60million now
03-09-2005 09:12 PM
hmaster

33 / Male / Flag
livestrong was way b4 dat, it was b4 olympics :P didnt u see the sports people wearing dem :P
[Image: sig.png]
03-09-2005 09:14 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
yeah everyone at my school has them bracelet/wristbands blue ones white ones yellow ones and pink ones mainly.

I however do not see the point in them, i donate quite a bit to charity all year around, and i don't see why i should get a wristband for it I'd rather see the money i donate go fully towards research or care, rather than half to some company who make the bands a quarter to somone else and the other quarter going towards the charity.

As some of you may know my mother died of breast cancer, from family and friend donations we managed to raise enough money to buy a new high tech machine for a new breast care treatment ward at the hospital she was treated in.

To me that is better than some shoddy wristband, i'm not getting anything out of it i'm quite happy, i feel donations should be donations not a trade basically.
03-09-2005 09:59 PM
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
Yea, we have these wristbands thingys at school.. No way am I paying £2.50 for a wrist band that i'll never wear, even if it is for charity..

And I have other reasons for not donating to cancer research..
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
03-09-2005 10:04 PM
King For A Day

Vince Noir: King Of the Mods

35 / Male / –
god they are anoying, there are so many, i hate them personally, but i know a girl in my school who paid about ten pounds for two!!!! on ebay.

i sometimes wear little "shag bands" but not often.

i pretty much wear two sweatbands each day tho or some beady braclet thingies that someone bought me.

our school has gone all ruly kinda thing tho and this week they made a new rule that you can wear one band only and a watch, any other jewlery gets confiscated,

theyve gone realy up on uniform recently, in fact the head teacher was so botherd about trying to confiscate my black and red sweatbands she didnt notice my bright red trainers that ive had on all week :P
[Image: smaller6mh.png]
03-09-2005 10:17 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: