What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Poll: Do you use the A-Patch?
Yes
No
I don't use any patches
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425
Author: Message:
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
That is constructive. It's saying that you sound like you've just ripped off Mess.be, and you responded by saying that you didn't make it for competition. It answered my question and I'm sure at least one other person would like to be assured that you aren't ripping off Mess.be.

As for me "ripping Mess.be", it was the Mess.be forums that helped me and encouraged me to make this patch. And they have even listed it in a pinned announcement topic on their forum: http://forum.mess.be/index.php?act=announce&f=25&id=6

quote:
Originally posted by Abz2k4
Im sure your patch is great and stuff, but why should people download your patch rather than the popular Mess Patch? as they are very similar.

It removes the Winks Button, the Themes/Packs button, Nudge button, Activities button, Color button, MSN Logo, the "What's Hot" section in the drop down emoticon list.

It properly removes the "Click here to customize MSN Messenger" Ad bar. I also posted my method on the Mess.be forums on how to remove it properly, I'm surprised they haven't used it to fix that bug in the Mess Patch.

Over 2500 people have downloaded my patch so far so I guess they wanted to get rid of that stuff.

Why do people here post negative comments and try to bring others down? Not a very nice welcome to the MsgPlus! forums :^) If you don't want to download or use my patch, then by all means, don't! But I don't need to hear about it :)

And thanks for the thanks/encouragement/welcome from the others that posted :)

This post was edited on 01-25-2005 at 10:09 AM by Ahmad.
01-25-2005 10:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmz_055
Why do people here post negative comments and try to bring others down? Not a very nice welcome to the MsgPlus! forums If you don't want to download or use my patch, then by all means, don't! But I don't need to hear about it
did we? we all think your patch is great. if you could add the other messpatch features, i'm pretty sure it'd be MUCH, MUCH popular. why don't you at least give it a try ;) ?

other than that i can assure you i've always loved this patch.
01-25-2005 11:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
did we? we all think your patch is great. if you could add the other messpatch features, i'm pretty sure it'd be MUCH, MUCH popular. why don't you at least give it a try ;) ?

other than that i can assure you i've always loved this patch.
Thanks :) I was thinking of adding Custom Games, mooodi told me that I should speak to Daniel from msnfanatic.com ... I haven't got around to it yet.
01-25-2005 12:00 PM
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
please add all mess.be patch features you're missing and a description to explain in which way they modify messenger...
also add if you can:

- Idle status patch for all messenger languages (not english only)

- "user is typing a message" patch

- the ability to patch already patched messenger so I can apply mess.be patch for some features and then yours (for example yours plus mess.be for custom games patch, polygamy etc etc)

Any release date?

This post was edited on 01-25-2005 at 12:51 PM by giken.
01-25-2005 12:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmz_055
Thanks traxor, Sunshine.. I actually came across those 2 threads, and thought, hey! I should officialy introduce the A-Patch to the forum :P
Cool :D
Welcome to these forums, you will find many programmers and skinners onhere and ofcourse Patchou himself (it is afterall The Official Forum for Msg Plus!). I hope you'll feel at home here, like many of us do. Good luck with your programming.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-25-2005 12:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
mandorallen

The Mandorallen

48 / Male / Flag
I have installed your patch and it's excellent.

Good work and thanks.
[Image: 2.jpg]
01-25-2005 12:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
im loving this patch, the only reason i didnt use msn7 was because of the ugly adbanner in the conversatiopn windows....but now dats gone it look fyn(Y)

gr8 work!!!:clap:

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
01-25-2005 01:39 PM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
You should also mention that most of those patches are illegal. They edit MSN resources (the .dll and the .exe), which is illegal under the license agreement.
[Image: 7.png]
01-25-2005 01:54 PM
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
You should also mention that most of those patches are illegal. They edit MSN resources (the .dll and the .exe), which is illegal under the license agreement.
Ok thanks for the advice :)

This post was edited on 01-25-2005 at 02:06 PM by Ahmad.
01-25-2005 02:05 PM
D_only_1

Just a few questions: is there an option in what to remove, or does it remove everything you mention? I would like to remove just the ads, notinhg more. Is it possible?
01-26-2005 02:37 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: