What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Quit working

MSN Quit working
Author: Message:
Sallie48

O.P. MSN Quit working
My MSN quit working my my computer.   The only change I had made was installing ad-aware plus, but even when I turn it off my MSN will still not work.    I even tried to uninstall and reinstall........only to find that it will not even download onto my computer.   I am completely stumped???

Also....I know I still have an open account with MSN because I can open it and chat on my husbands computer.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sally
01-26-2005 01:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Quit working
Could you please explain your problem a little further? What happened? You can't login into MSN Messenger?
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
01-26-2005 01:32 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sallie48

O.P. RE: MSN Quit working
I click on the log in and put in my password and it tries to log me in but then says it can't.  I then open the troubleshooter and it scans for problems with my computer and then reports that there are none.   So I then uninstalled MSN and tried to redownload the program.   After the bar goes across indicating that the program downloaded.....a big red X appears in the middle of the download bar indicating that it did not get downloaded on my computer.

So I then used the GO-Back feature on my computer (running Windows ME) and reverted my Hard Drive to before I uninstalled MSN.  I now have it back but it will not let me log on.

01-26-2005 01:51 AM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
Uninstall Messenger Plus! if you have it, and then uninstall MSN Messenger. Then reinstall MSN Messenger and try to login.
01-26-2005 02:46 AM
Sallie48

I did some reading on this site and followed the instructions and now it works perfectly!!

Thank you for your time and effort.    This is a really great message board...so many folks helping each other.

Have a great day!!!

Sally
01-26-2005 03:50 PM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
I'm glad you could solve it :) Did reinstalling work? Did you reinstall Plus? ;)
01-26-2005 05:37 PM
Sallie48

I uninstalled and reinstalled and then did the changes to regsvr softpub.dll...etc.   I did not try to reinstall the beta version...as long as 6.2 is working I don't want to mess with it.  LOL

Thanks again for your help.  :)

Sally
01-26-2005 08:16 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: