What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Polygamy + Boss Protection Bug

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Polygamy + Boss Protection Bug
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. Polygamy + Boss Protection Bug
When using polygamy, if you have 2 msn messenger signed in, and you use boss protection, it will only detect the one and change it's status, but with the other one it will have online... regardless if it changes them both into the little modem...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=375255]

ones busy and the other is online.

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.40.0112

.jpg File Attachment: wtf O_o.jpg (53.56 KB)
This file has been downloaded 400 time(s).

This post was edited on 02-05-2005 at 10:32 PM by user27089.
02-05-2005 09:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
RE: Polygamy + Boss Protection Bug
is this a beta bug or a regular peeps version?
02-05-2005 09:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
I think thats because you have two instances of plus! at the same time therefore Boss will only work on the last active one.
AC3
02-05-2005 09:56 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
If it does change em both into the altered icon in systray without you putting both into boss protection than that is a possible bug. You can change that behaviour too by setting another shortcut for bossprotection on the second account.

It's no bug, its set to put MSN into bossmode with same shortcut on both accounts. To alter that behaviour, change the shortcut on second account (if you can find another working shortcut).

This post was edited on 02-05-2005 at 11:10 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
02-05-2005 10:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Polygamy + Boss Protection Bug
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
If it does change em both into the altered icon in systray without you putting both into boss protection than that is a bug.

It does change them to the icon, it just only changes the status to one of them...
02-05-2005 10:31 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
If it does change em both into the altered icon in systray without you putting both into boss protection than that is a bug.

It does change them to the icon, it just only changes the status to one of them...
Well you should be able to set em to bossmode seperately, see updated post.

Edit: I just tested it on my own system, and it does change both icons, and it also changed both statusses to busy (i use the polygamy feature in SPNG2, same shortcuts for bossprotection mode on both accounts). It doesn't do so when in personalized status, you need to put it to online to make it do so.

2nd edit: maybe you put a tag to the online one that didn't change status correctly (tag recognized by Plus! therefor thinkin it is a personalized status).

This post was edited on 02-07-2005 at 04:06 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
02-05-2005 10:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Traxor, give some more specific details if you can ;) :

1) Initial shortcuts set for the bossprotection (the shortcuts you set for both accounts when you DID NOT use polygamy)

2) The correct status for both of your polygamised accounts. online? busy? away? is it personalised? before you enter boss-mode.

3) The status (also, is it personalised or not) to which your messenger should set you when activating the boss protection. Again, list them for the both accounts you're using.

4) also, check the other shortcuts of the other Plus! functions if they don't interfair (lock-mode) or even plugins...

When testing on my system with various polygamy patches (not that there are so many though, there are only a few places in memory/file where the actually patch could be done), both messengers minimized like they should.

But, there is something strange going on (at least here) when you SET the shortcuts and when you ARE using polygamy; Sometimes the shortcut that you set will not be saved properly for that account/msn messenger (and thus will not be used for that instance of msn messenger, which can give the result that you see).

You can test this easly by changing the shortcut (to something valid of course), pressing "ok", and re-open the preferences panel and look if the shortcut is still the same or if it has changed to "none". (all this when you are running in polygamy-mode of course)

the above happens randomly so it can't be realy reproduced. But once in a while, this happens.

This post was edited on 02-07-2005 at 05:41 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-07-2005 05:11 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

1) The shortcut for Boss Protection is ctrl + space (the default)

2) They are both set online using the correct way, no quick texts or anything.

3) hmm... thats like the same question repeated :p.

4) I don't have any settings that would interfere with boss protection...

Both of the messengers went into boss protection did minimise or whatever, but only one of them changed status. 
02-07-2005 05:21 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
my questions were not the same though ;)...

1) they are both set to ctrl+space I assume then

2) I'm not talking here what the status is set to when you press ctrl-space (that's in Q3), but what your initial status is before you press ctrl-space. What are those statusses? and are they personalised or not?

3) Not the same question... This is about the statusses which should be used when you activate boss-protection; the ones that are defined in the boss protection settings.

Btw, check (for each account) if you also don't have multiple boss-protection schemes set.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-07-2005 05:39 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

2) They were not personalised at all, neither, I changed them both to online the second time i tested it, by doing this, I changed them in the contact list window, and didn't use plus! to do so.

3) they are both set to the same, i haven't really changed much of the settings in preferences apart from quick texts and some other stuff which wouldn't affect statuses/boss protection...
02-07-2005 05:43 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: